Has anyone used the cancellation checker for driving tests?

(12 Posts)
Ticktacktock Tue 29-Mar-16 17:18:57

Didn't know where to post this, but figure as they can drive at 17 this might be a good place?!

There's a couple of websites that offer to find you a driving test cancellation, at a price of course, but that's fine if it works. The reviews look good, but I don't even trust reviews any more!

Have you used one and was it any good?

whattodoforthebest2 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:23:02

I don' t think you need to use an independent website, you can search for cancellations on the DVLA website. DS did this after a series of lessons, booked a test about 10 days away and then drove as much as possible beforehand. He passed. You just put in your licence/theory pass details and search for a cancellation.

USERNAME213 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:25:07

Yes agree

I passed my test this way - through just checking the website. Don't pay extra for the checker.

My instructor was also really good and told me to do it this way. She asked me for my provisional license number and details and she would check it for me hourly. Trick is to always have the website open on your phone etc so you can keep refreshing.

earsofvelvet Tue 29-Mar-16 17:30:08

DS paid I think £25 for the checker and it was brilliant - cancellations kept pinging up as soon as they happened and he was able to swoop in and get a slot very quickly. Well worth the money.

Ticktacktock Tue 29-Mar-16 17:36:28

Thanks, I have the dvsa website open and keep refreshing when I can, but can't do it every 5 minutes like the checker sites do.

Ears, thank you.

Ticktacktock Tue 29-Mar-16 18:40:07

Ears, which one did you use?

AndNowItsSeven Tue 29-Mar-16 18:43:04

Yes I paid for it was much better than the website got instant texts when cancellations came in.

earsofvelvet Tue 29-Mar-16 19:10:41

Ticktacktock, DS is out this evening but I will check and will get back to you tomorrow.

earsofvelvet Wed 30-Mar-16 11:42:10

www.drivingtestcancellations.co.uk !

Ticktacktock Wed 30-Mar-16 12:27:28

Bless you for coming back to me! I'm having an email conversation with them now. They don't have a phone number which is very annoying!!

Many thanks

Ticktacktock Wed 30-Mar-16 22:28:04

Ears, I signed up for it and have just got a cancellation. I can't believe it, what a fantastic service smile

Thanks again

earsofvelvet Tue 05-Apr-16 16:22:42

Sorry just seen this - fantastic! Delighted that it worked for you. Hope the test goes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now