Bloody hair!!!!

(27 Posts)

I need advice before I take the kitchen scissors to DDs hair!

She is 13 very soon and after having a beautiful shiny bob for most of her life decided a couple of years ago that she wanted to grow her hair.

All fine, until she has to actually look after it!

It is a bloody mess, rats tails is too tame a phrase. I have after nagging every day about her brushing it actually grabbed a brush and done it myself.

There was a lot that broke if that was left on the brush.

I have earned her that I will get it all chopped back off because am terrified she will get bloody nits in it and getting them out will be 10 x harder but she also just looks a bloody mess. Almost channeling Kirsty from Eastenders!

So ladies, ideas please. She has a bathroom full of this and that but uses none of it. I have to even check that she has brushed her bloody teeth each day so it's not not having the right product, more bloody filthy laziness.

Am I to have to take responsibility and do her hair each morning? Isn't it time she bloody took responsibility for this???

Ggggrrrrr.

TeenAndTween Mon 15-Jul-13 10:59:43

I see nothing wrong with threatening/making her have it shorter until she looks after it properly.
Yes it is her hair, but she is a child (if she were an adult she would be looking after it).
It's the deal I have with my DDs: They wash/brush hair properly = they decide the length. I have to help wash/brush = I decide the length.

Eastpoint Wed 17-Jul-13 06:29:19

Make sure she uses a normal brush as well as a tangle teaser, my daughter had problems with her scalp after only using the tangle teaser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now