She wants to go into care

(29 Posts)
Cab43 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:54:49

Help!
My daughters behaviour and attitude has been steadily getting worse over the past year (she's 13)
But lately she's been coming out with a new one, she wants to be taken into care because she hates us.
The latest episode was this morning after having her mobile taken away for being rude to her mum, she then said "well I'm not coming home from school" and "phone social services I hate you"
She apparently has a friend that's either in care or living with an adoptive family and she seems to think it sounds great.
We just feel at our whits end with the daily bombardment usually after she's told no.

needaholliday Sat 20-Apr-13 16:37:59

Justaperfectday. You must know how serious it is and i hope you DD gets well soon and can come though this traumatic time in quick time.

Cerisier Sat 20-Apr-13 17:03:01

Justaperfcetday I am so sorry, I can't imagine what you have been through with DD sad.

Justaperfectday Sat 20-Apr-13 17:29:27

Thanks! I didn't mean to make it about us though, just saying how very difficult it is to get ss involved with a teen. I have another teen though so I do sympathise with the everyday struggles!

Maryz Sat 20-Apr-13 23:35:55

It's scary, isn't it Just? I was desperate to get SS involved with ds1 when he was running away at 13/14, smoking a lot of dope and spending a lot of time in the local drugdealer's house.

The only "help" SS offered was a bed for him in an adult homeless hostel where heroin use and prostitution was rife. And when I pushed them, they suggested taking ds2 into care - he was 8 at the time - because ds1 was violent hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now