URGENT!! Someone on a selling site is offering a 6 month old girl for free.....

(2 Posts)
Sleepingbunnies Tue 21-Jun-16 17:47:57

I have 2 3 year old sows.. what do I need to do to get them to bond? This poor piggies has always been on her own. Will my sows bully her? Can I just put her in with them? Need quick answers!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 21-Jun-16 21:19:30

Sleeping - I am trying (and not succeeding) to bond my new sows with my trio (boar+ 2 sows)

I WILL get there eventually when they are too old and crusty to give a damn wink

You might end up like I am with two groups. Have you got space (I've just bought a new run and housie ) and I've split our Pighouse in 2 sections.

I love the bones of our new girls, and they have great characters , it's just the dynamics of the group has altered.

But- if you plan to Rescue this lady, you'll need to Make Sure It's a Sow grin and keep them seperate while she quarantines (you don't want to risk introducing any mites or ringworm to your piggies)

Over the period of time they'll chat . When you bond them, give them a bath to smell the same and bond on neutral ground.

Your sows might be fine . They might be judgey. It's impossible to predict but if you feel you can gve this piggie a home, be prepared for a slow burn introduction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now