vintage Mulberry

(8 Posts)
Foxyspook Wed 23-Nov-16 17:15:14

From the era when the lining was tartan. If I buy a second hand bag that has not been used, will it be good quality? It is Congo pattern leather.

Foxyspook Wed 23-Nov-16 17:16:18

And will I look like a woman who wears a headscarf? I like the bag but never had Mulberry - vintage or new - so not sure what kind of image I am going to project!

MiniCooperLover Wed 23-Nov-16 17:43:55

That's lovely, have you had it authenticated?

Foxyspook Wed 23-Nov-16 17:50:13

No, because I just thought that at the time Mulberry had that patchwork lining, there wasn't a huge fake industry, and it just seems very genuine in terms of the look and who is selling it.

I want a boring pretty handbag that will last me flinging it around etc without getting shabby and depressing. I have been using Osprey bags and they start off looking pretty but just seem to deteriorate very quickly.

cashmerecardigans Wed 23-Nov-16 19:33:11

Yes, I use a really old Congo leather one for work and have a backpack I bought in 1997 - both have the tartan lining and are fab. The quality was great back then, so it will last you for ages if you look after it well. I don't own anything vaguely resembling a headscarf, so you'll be fine smile

Foxyspook Wed 23-Nov-16 20:03:37

Thanks. I don't mind a Grace Kelly headscarf. It is a Princess Anne one that I am trying to avoid! I think it is just the tartan lining but otherwise it is very pretty and stylish looking.

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Wed 23-Nov-16 20:07:13

I have several black Congo leather items that I brought probably 15years ago now all have tartan lining which was one of the things I liked about them.

My large bag is still used regularly and I use my Filofax blush daily.

I'm 40 but don't own a headscarf just prefer to keep my schedule in the old fashioned way of paper and pen.

Foxyspook Wed 23-Nov-16 20:48:15

Thanks, I think I am ok with the purchase now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now