Argh, need Christmas party help, please.

(7 Posts)
BusStopBetty Sun 13-Nov-16 21:45:47

What the hell does one wear to a work Christmas do in a hotel? Not a particularly fancy place, will be a sit down meal.

I don't really have any occasion clothes any more. Nothing in the shops looks even remotely good. I seem to be the wrong shape for everything - a curvy 12 with boobs. And I'm late thirties so am in no man's. Land between top shop and Bon marche.

MrsLettuce Sun 13-Nov-16 21:55:00

Nothing with a tight waistband or dangly sleeves, in any case. Nothing that creases too easily either I suppose. Detail at the top ('cause you'll be sitting).

Are you wanting block colour or pattern? TBH it'd be as good a time as any to get an LBD if you've not got one. Not hugely inspiring but increasingly underrepresented, good necklace and you're sorted.

BusStopBetty Sun 13-Nov-16 21:58:20

Either would be fine, but I don't really want black as I wear black dresses quite often for work. Actually, I do have a red dress, but it's probably not dressy enough.

MrsLettuce Sun 13-Nov-16 22:04:35

Might the red one dress up, if it's quite an informal do? Could you post a link / photo? this would go either way reasonably easily

BusStopBetty Sun 13-Nov-16 22:16:21

That's very pretty, but I'm not sure pleats would be very flattering on my arse.

MrsLettuce Sun 13-Nov-16 22:48:12

Arse is a good thing these days, remember. I mean it always was but we are now apparently 'allowed' to have them wink

MrsLettuce Sun 13-Nov-16 22:54:12

not sure about the hem, would look better on curves than on the model, in any case. The beigey pink version would be lovely on quite a few skin tones, but not on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now