teeth whitening?

(4 Posts)
danTDM Thu 03-Nov-16 19:42:10

I'm just back from the dentist having my teeth cleaned. For 200 euro he can whiten them tomorrow (have a big event coming up) has anyone had it done? Is it worth it? I've heard if you're going to have one thing to make you look more youthful/brighter this is it.

Is any of this true. I've had a VERY bad year, given up smoking and need a lift, I am 45.

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 03-Nov-16 20:01:09

I use whitening strips, which have made a massive difference to my confidence now that my teeth are lovely and white. They take a while to work and you don't have time to go down that route I guess, so if you can afford it then go for it- I guarantee that you will feel better about yourself as a result.
A word of caution though - I think the " instant" whitening ( which I assume is what you're talking about) can leave you with very sensitive teeth and does need to be re-done as the results fade relatively quickly. Happy to be corrected when someone who knows more comes along in a minute!

danTDM Thu 03-Nov-16 20:33:18

Thanks so much for your reply Lady that's what I wanted to hear, that I will feel better about my appearance/self!

Strips won't work for me as I have fairly uneven teeth and the dentist just suggested this. I live in Spain, the dentists here do seem up on it all, however they said it was just one 45 minute session and that it lasts at least 2 or 3 years.

Yes, he's giving me sensitive tooth stuff for tonight and more tomorrow after I've had it done.

Does it seem expensive I wonder?

danTDM Thu 03-Nov-16 20:45:57

Anyone else had it done at the dentist? Need reassurance it works if I spending all this money.

Also, no coffee or wine or tea all weekend hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now