Fine-knit jumpers - merino, cashmere-mix or something else?

(17 Posts)
Laquila Sun 30-Oct-16 22:14:31

I'm after some plain fine-knit jumpers in grey and navy, to wear for work with skinny pants and jeans - not too fitted and possibly with a slightly longer hem at the back, and either a round-neck or v-neck. I'd probably wear them with a sleeveless vest or a short-sleeve tee underneath. Has anyone seen anything nice? I need them to wash well and not crease too much after half an hour's wear...

BestIsWest Sun 30-Oct-16 22:41:55

Had a lovely pale grey one from monsoon last year and they have similar this year. It was really nice quality. Will find link.

Sunflower6 Sun 30-Oct-16 22:44:57

Have a look at woolovers website they do nice quality fine knit jumpers I like their cotton and silk ones

BestIsWest Sun 30-Oct-16 22:45:22

monsoon am a little bit irritated by the not quite full length sleeves but the one I had last year washed really well and had a lovely feel.

BestIsWest Sun 30-Oct-16 22:46:15

Also think joules have an elliptical hem one.

AngelicCurls Mon 31-Oct-16 08:19:50

I have a couple from h&m, they last well, bought one last year and one this year, both as good as new

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0390155009.html

AngelicCurls Mon 31-Oct-16 08:21:43

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0363505018.html

Sorry, it's this one with the wider neck, comes in loads of colours smile

rollonthesummer Mon 31-Oct-16 08:26:02

I had a Woolovers jumped after reading someone raving about them on here but was very unimpressed. It was expensive, faded badly and always looked creased-I wouldn't buy from them again.

I'll be following this thread with interest.

fluffypigs Mon 31-Oct-16 08:33:25

Uniqlo is the place for you! I was in there there yesterday and they have plain merino wool, cashmere and lambs wool jumpers in all sorts of colours.

fluffypigs Mon 31-Oct-16 08:35:57

Oh also, Gap

BeauHeaux Mon 31-Oct-16 09:04:01

Personally I now avoid merino wool since I read about the practice of mulesing. I had no idea about any of this but I'm glad I can make an informed choice now that I do know. Just thought I'd mention in case this matters to you.

www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-clothing/wool-industry/mulesing/

taybert Mon 31-Oct-16 09:08:10

Uniqlo merino is good and is machine washable.
I've not been that impressed by WoolOvers either- my cardigans are wrinkly and faded. I ordered a merino jumper but it wasn't as nice as the uniqlo ones and it's gone back. Uniqlo sizing seems to be a bit small though.

Shosha1 Mon 31-Oct-16 09:09:49

Have you tried Etsy ? I do pure knits for children and sell them on there.

Some beautiful cashmere and merino adults on there

taybert Mon 31-Oct-16 09:10:55

Also, uniqlo had pledged not to source wool from mulsed sheep.

Laquila Mon 31-Oct-16 19:28:08

Thanks very much everyone! We don't have a Uniqlo nearby but I'll have a look online. I've had H&M ones before that haven't washed well but they were very very fine knit. I've actually seen that Joules one online and really liked it - thank you for the reminder!!

RaisingSteam Mon 31-Oct-16 19:32:36

Actually i like the new woolovers 100% merino knitwear very much. The button side jumper is a good shape, I have the navy one and it goes with everything. With a contrasting top layered under.

nothingwittyhere Mon 31-Oct-16 20:30:29

I've got this one from Gap and love it
www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=1062831&vid=1&pid=000241454008

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now