Were to buy winter clothes not to cheap not expensive

(7 Posts)
petshopboy Thu 06-Oct-16 22:25:22

Hi i need winter clothes ..a couple of pairs of jeans a long sleeved top jumpers .i went to marks and spencer and bought some jeans and a top there looking at buying a coat from there also tried gap sales and bought jeans on sale .i may try topshop n zara because i get a discount .i dont want high fashion im late 30yrs old just want comfy warm clothes to last maybe 2 winters ?

febel Fri 07-Oct-16 07:48:25

Uniqlo? Warm, easonable price and heard they are good quality

www.uniqlo.com/uk/

Louisajohnson224 Fri 07-Oct-16 08:07:51

I find Topshop jumpers wash awful..look nice at first but then shrink,
H&M aren't too bad and reasonably priced and miss selfridge.
Miss selfridge have some lovely jumpers in at the minute.

petshopboy Fri 07-Oct-16 08:57:08

Ok will try all the suggestions i dont normally do miss selfridge will take a look though
Thanks

Nearlyadoctor Fri 07-Oct-16 09:04:14

Depending on your definition of expensive I find Boden cardigans wear and have 20% off at the moment. Also I know a lot of people on here recommend woolovers for knitwear.
Casual sweatshirts / joggers / harems, I love Hush clothing. Knitwear is a bit hit and miss though except the star jumper which I love. OCT2016 gives free delivery at the moment and returns are free anyway.

stringbean Fri 07-Oct-16 09:30:53

I'd second Uniqlo. I've just bought one of their down jackets and a couple of flannel shirts - really nice quality. The down jackets come up small though so I sized up. They also do really good priced cashmere jumpers and their Heat-tech tops are great for adding an extra thin layer when it's cold (they're quite long too, so no cold gap in the middle).

Floisme Fri 07-Oct-16 09:54:32

My last 2 pairs of jeans were M&S Autograph and H&M. Happy with both.

I'm another Uniqlo fan for knitwear although I found their cashmere very random in quality and prefer the merino wool.

H&M knitwear if you rummage. Some of their jumpers are at least 50% cotton and they've lasted me years. They also do 100% cotton, round neck cardis that are quite soft and snuggly for about a tenner.

Boden knitwear has always worn well for me.

And, if you enjoy a rummage, TK Maxx,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now