the annual black tights brown shoes debate...

(9 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sat 01-Oct-16 18:47:05

I've seen some shoes I'd like to try that come in black or brown. I prefer the brown in honesty because I am a brown leather girl that heart. However ... I'll be wearing them for work and while it's a casual office I do tend to often wear an a line black skirt and tights or a shift type dress over a long sleeve tee. Nothing formal, just smart ish tops.
Could I get away with the brown or should I stick with the safer black?
It's these by the way so very much a mid brown.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 01-Oct-16 19:13:35

I personally would stick with the black. You could buy both and wear one casually?

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 01-Oct-16 19:35:09

The black is much nicer, I think.

Rollerbird Sat 01-Oct-16 20:10:20

Ive got the black.
Love them So comfy too

dudsville Sat 01-Oct-16 22:23:23

I think black tights with black shoes can easily look "school attire" or funereal. I think black tights, or grey, can go nicely with brown shoes. And I prefer your shoe in the brown! But admittedly I'm not q fan of black shoes!

keeponkeepinon Sat 01-Oct-16 22:37:18

Hmm decisions! Still not sure. Black can be very school shoe like but they will definitely go with everything.
The brown are just a bit different. But not guaranteed to go well with all I wear. I tend to wear a lot of black based outfits for work I think.

crayfish Sat 01-Oct-16 22:49:42

That shade of brown won't work with black tights I don't think. It's the heel being lighter or something. I also prefer brown or tan for leather but in this case the black is the better choice.

DeadGood Sat 01-Oct-16 23:44:18

What about your usual outfit, the brown shoes and a pair of deep blue tights? Or plum-coloured? Could be lovely and autumnal ...

BWatchWatcher Sun 02-Oct-16 04:06:23

I have those!
Lovely amd comfy. I bought them in brown but wear with navy and grey. I have black shoes for black tights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now