40 something fashion, where to shop?

(12 Posts)
frazzled74 Sat 17-Sep-16 15:46:15

Where do people shop? I don't like new look, primary etc. used to like next but hate it now. I quite like Dorothy Perkins, buy underwear and jeans from M&S . I want to look more together, more classy but casual. I'm also going to have a major sort out and try to get together more of a capsule wardrobe. Are there any good sales at the moment in any nice shops?

MissPattie Sat 17-Sep-16 15:49:22

Uniqlo?

Nearlyadoctor Sat 17-Sep-16 15:52:22

Hush, White Company, Jigsaw, M&S, Mint Velvet, Joules, occasional bits from Boden.

MozzchopsThirty Sat 17-Sep-16 16:00:00

Mango
Warehouse (although their new season stuff is dire)
River island for jeans
French connection
Zara

Nanasueathome Sat 17-Sep-16 16:11:03

Jigsaw
Baukjen
Joules
Boden
Seasalt
Poetry
Masai

Ingr Sat 17-Sep-16 16:14:07

Reiss/Mint Velvet. Def not Joules, too mumsy & not sexy.

ontherightpath Sat 17-Sep-16 17:55:00

Reiss
Hobbs
Jigsaw
Max Mara Weekend
LK Bennett
Benetton
Esprit
Massimo Dutti

Sleepthief Sat 17-Sep-16 17:57:37

Zara at the moment. A lot. Asos, always. Sometimes h&m, top shop etc. Aspire to Plumo and occasionally treat myself there.

ontherightpath Sat 17-Sep-16 18:00:46

www.lookingstylish.co.uk/2016/09/16/the-seasonless-capsule-wardrobe-the-jersey-dress/

This website has transformed my wardrobe this year, lots of great ideas for a capsule wardrobe, outfit ideas etc.

frazzled74 Sun 18-Sep-16 00:14:32

Thankyou, I am looking through all the websites to see what they have.

mysteryfairy Sun 18-Sep-16 08:26:52

Hush, Baukjen, Me and Em, Whistles, H and M, Topshop, All Saints are my chain go tos.

I also buy, with a big emphasis on their sales, from Harvey Nics, selfridges, Donna Ida, net a porter and Coggles.

homebythesea Sun 18-Sep-16 09:23:28

There are loads of over forty bloggers who buy from a wide range of shops including the ones you have discounted- it's worth having a browse and finding one or more that you chime with- it might help with your shopping. Some are:

doesmybumlookforty
Mymidlifefashion

Midlifechic
Myfashionableforties
Thesequinist
Notdressedaslamb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now