What will you be buying for winter?

(9 Posts)
shovetheholly Wed 24-Aug-16 12:17:28

I know, it's gloriously sunny out there! How can I even be thinking of winter?

But someone on another thread just mentioned that winter gear is quite cheap right now, so I am on the hunt. grin Plus, DH has promised that he will buy me some clothes for my birthday, since I currently only have 3 dresses to wear. To make matters worse, they are actually the same dress, just in different colours. blush I really need a new wardrobe. Soooo...

what are you intending to buy to stay warm when it's freezing out?

AND one thing I need is new boots. My beloved Ecco boots that have seen me through thousands of miles over the last 3 winters are now leaking. Wondering if anyone has seen anything decent?

user1471888857 Wed 24-Aug-16 12:54:23

I really want a pair of burgundy jeans/a faux fur gilet,a couple of nice a line skirts and anything else that takes my fancy

Nearlyadoctor Wed 24-Aug-16 13:08:04

I've already bought what I need, which has tied in with me finally after 2 years getting my wardrobe exactly as I want it ( another thread).
So for this winter I have bought:
Hush Tara dress in forest green.
Jigsaw navy wrap around jumper
Jigsaw chunky charcoal poncho
Barbour waterproof black jacket
White company grey Pom Pom scarf
M&S Colour block cashmere jumper
2 x skinny jeans Mint velvet/ Next
Dune tan Chelsea boots for smart wear,and my most favourite buy Timberland Lyonsdale black boots.
www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en/tbl-uk/women-footwear-boots/womens-lyonsdalechelsea-A11VN001

Looks an awful lot written down but it was my birthday on Monday and had money towards it all.

Whathaveilost Wed 24-Aug-16 13:18:38

Can't you get your boots repaired if you like them so much?
Our cobbler charges less than 10 quid for re sole ing shoes.

shovetheholly Wed 24-Aug-16 13:45:22

whathavei - unfortunately, they are those soft rubber soles that are integral to the shoe. I don't think they can be fixed. sad I go through shoes normally like nothing on earth, and I do walk miles (often 3 miles to work, 3 miles back) so they've done well really.

nearly - you are so much more organized than me, I'm so impressed. I am rubbish at shopping!

Whathaveilost Wed 24-Aug-16 13:50:03

What a shame.
I've had certain shoes and boots re heeled and repaired so many times.
Once I fall in love with something that's it!!

shovetheholly Wed 24-Aug-16 13:54:32

I know!! Most of my shoes end up going within the first month blush I get them to fit really tough soles - sometimes with metal points on the end of heels! But these boots can't be mended. To be honest, they are looking a bit knackered too so it's probably time for a new pair.

Nearlyadoctor Wed 24-Aug-16 13:56:53

shove I have been lucky and had a month of work, so plenty of time to finish my 2 year project so to speak( and dd 9 enjoys shopping with me) - back next week and manic clinics up until a big holiday in Oct/ Nov so by the time we come back late autumn/ early winter will be in full swing.

daftbesom Wed 24-Aug-16 13:59:32

Annoyingly (because I love choosing new things) I already have from last year most of what I need for my winter capsule wardrobe.

I will however be looking to buy replacement black trousers, a new cashmere cardi (black or a deep red), some basic longsleeved tops and some kind of luxury stripey hat/scarf/ gloves combo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now