New job - how many items in capsule wardrobe?

(7 Posts)
SheHasAWildHeart Sun 14-Aug-16 18:06:47

Starting a new role soon, managerial level. Moping shopping tomorrow and want to put together a capsule wardrobe that would be ok for a full time job. Am thinking:
Three trousers
Six tops
Two cardigans
One high heel shoes
Two flats
I have a couple of smart jackets. I don't wear skirts/dresses unless they're full length or with leggings so don't think that would be appropriate for new workplace. Does that list sound ok?

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 14-Aug-16 18:25:04

Sounds fab ! I've seen some lovely navy and caramel combinations that can interchange with black and caramel or grey and caramel or grey and blue or grey and black ! So all interchangeable !! Can't go wrong with cashmere jumpers in my opinion... Smart and soft !! Have fun shopping ! smile

Oh2beatsea Sun 14-Aug-16 19:14:54

Lots of fab ideas on Pinterest!!! Good luck with the new job 😊

SheHasAWildHeart Sun 14-Aug-16 19:32:07

That's in thinking white, black, navy and grey. Got an appointment at JL tomorrow so hopefully they'll give me a better idea. But every job I start with good intentions and then before I know it my outfits become more casual!

SheHasAWildHeart Sun 14-Aug-16 19:32:54

Cashmere cardigans yes! I did start a Pinterest board, think I need to revisit it.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 14-Aug-16 20:33:18

Sounds great smile

I'm planning on brown/tan, charcoal navy & white
Currently have:

Charcoal dress

2x navy dresses
Navy blazer

Brown trousers
Brown blazer

3 white shirts
2 brown tops

I need to get some navy trousers, a brown dress and some charcoal trousers, then I'm done.

SheHasAWildHeart Wed 17-Aug-16 20:17:23

Well with the help of the personal shopper I discovered that John Lewis is not for me! Everything made me look pregnant with a Kim kardashian bum, even though I'm a size 10/12. So I'm just going to put together a capsule wardrobe myself with the help of Pinterest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now