Tell me your favourite hydrating but non oily products

(14 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 05-Jul-16 12:48:56

I have a very dehydrated skin with lots of redness but also combination so find it hard getting the balance right sometimes so thought I'd ask everyone's fave hydrating products for some new inspiration and also to be nosey smile

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 05-Jul-16 13:05:15

Clinique moisture surge. I love it.

Pricey though.

HeyMacWey Tue 05-Jul-16 14:41:04

It's a Japanese product - use straight after cleansing.

www.amazon.co.uk/Rohto-Hadalabo-Gokujun-Hyaluronic-5-7floz/dp/B000FQ4ZSM

cressetmama Tue 05-Jul-16 17:16:04

Bioderma Hydrabio serum, from Escentual or a french pharmacy. And under £20! Or Kanebo Sensai Lotion II from Harrods; very, very expensive, but lovely.

DirtyBlonde Tue 05-Jul-16 17:25:11

Old fashioned cold cream (Boots) for overnight.

Aqueous cream (frequently, through the day)

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 05-Jul-16 20:39:11

Dirty you might want to swap out your aqueous cream. It's not meant for moisturising it's meant to be a soap alternative.

DirtyBlonde Tue 05-Jul-16 20:58:56

It's definitely a moisturiser!

(Look it up, if you didn't believe me. Though of course I agree it's multipurpose)

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 05-Jul-16 21:02:50

Oh ok. I take it back!

I was told by my doctor not to use it as a moisturiser!

Youfromthefuture Tue 05-Jul-16 21:03:34

I second Clinique Moisture Surge. The overnight mask has saved my face.

mistyegg Tue 05-Jul-16 21:07:46

Warnings about aqueous cream damaging skin:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11564662

Polkadot1974 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:11:55

I like rose hip oil at night.

DirtyBlonde Tue 05-Jul-16 23:47:22

SLS are found in quite a large number of moisturisers (for example I've just had a look at the Clarins page - not every moisturiser, but yes it's there in the range).

It's only correlated with problems if you have eczema.

If you want to avoid 'nasty' chemicals, then home-prepared oils are probably the best bet, but that's precisely not what the OP is asking for.

RenardeRenarde Wed 06-Jul-16 13:21:41

Second recommendation for both moisture surge and hadalabo smile I use the hadalabo under the Clinique (it's best applied to damp skin straight after cleansing I find) and neither break me out. Any kind of "cream" even the light ones affect my skin so these were a godsend.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Thu 07-Jul-16 06:06:15

I've bagged a sample of a Lush moisturiser called Enzymion and its doing well so far. Face is always an oil slick but it doesn't make it worse and it's evened out my skin tone I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now