Am I too old to get my nose pierced?

(58 Posts)
MrsSimonNeil Mon 04-Jul-16 21:06:47

I'm 36, dress fairly young for my age. Can i get away with it or will people think I'm having a crisis? grin

gunting Mon 04-Jul-16 21:08:02

No! Go for it.

I've had a nose ring since I was 15, I love it. Plus it isn't permanent so you can take it out whenever you like.

Hassled Mon 04-Jul-16 21:08:05

I think I'd think you were having a "shit, I'm nearly 40!" crisis. Sorry.

Indecisivejo Mon 04-Jul-16 21:09:36

I've had mine pierced since I was 13 I'm now 34 (nearly 35) and have a small diamond stud in.

CrazyDuchess Mon 04-Jul-16 21:13:57

Got mine done on my 32nd birthday.... no one commented and I love it!

DownWithThisSortaThing Mon 04-Jul-16 21:18:08

Never too old in my opinion! Go for it smile

DamsonGinIsMyThing Mon 04-Jul-16 21:23:02

Go for it. I loved mine. But had to take it out for work. Stupid nurse rules. I looked good.

fattyfattytoadgirl Mon 04-Jul-16 21:23:26

I don't see this sort of thing as being related to age. I think some people have the personalities to carry off piercings, tattoos and funky hair colours. I don't think that needs to stop at a certain age.

I would have felt as uncomfortable with it as a teen as I would do now, in my late forties, but I am very shy and just not the type. Secretly envious of the confidence others seem to have though.

So if you feel up for it, why not?

MrsSimonNeil Mon 04-Jul-16 21:27:04

Thanks everyone. I've wanted it done for a long time and haven't had the guts to go for it. I guess I am having a 'I'm nearly 40' thing going on but oh well grin

BeautifulMaudOHara Mon 04-Jul-16 21:29:27

Ewww no

MidnightVelvetthe5th Mon 04-Jul-16 21:31:07

I have my nose pierced and I'm 40 smile go for it

RubyRubySoho Mon 04-Jul-16 21:31:58

Do it! I've had mine in since I was 16 and I'm 27 now. I have no intention of taking it out when I'm in my thirties!

lookbeforeyouleap Mon 04-Jul-16 21:32:10

Nope. I'm 36 and wear mine every day. I had it done when I was 19 but I certainly don't think I'm too old for it.

CrazyDuchess Mon 04-Jul-16 21:32:28

Just do it... and don't care what others think especially here

And if you don't like it then take it out!

Life is too short grin

Madlizzy Mon 04-Jul-16 21:33:01

I'm 46 and had mine done recently. I pulled it out accidently and am just waiting for the scar tissue to go down, then I'm having it redone. I bloody loved it and can't wait to have it redone. Who gives a shit what other people think? If you want it done, do it.

needastrongone Mon 04-Jul-16 21:35:26

Hey OP, I am not thread stealing, but I keep thinking the same about a tattoo, and I am 44.

Not a massive, huge one covering my arm or anything, but something small, discreet and meaningful to me.

Then I think 'FFS, you are 44'!! smile

Sirona Mon 04-Jul-16 21:39:49

No go for it. I'm roughly the same age and would love to get it done only I get cold sores up my nose so probably not the best idea.

I've had to stick with various other piercings instead

flumpybear Mon 04-Jul-16 21:42:57

Have to say i don't think they're nice either on older women .... But not that keen on young women either lol

flumpybear Mon 04-Jul-16 21:44:47

Maybe I'm just a bit boring!! I hate tattoos too lol

Roomba Mon 04-Jul-16 21:47:55

Go for it, but do make sure it suits you first as it doesn't look great on everyone.

I finally got mine done after years of waiting - I was 34. Sadly it really didn't suit me, whether it was the shape of my face or nose, I don't know. I ended up taking it out after a few months sad.

needastrongone Mon 04-Jul-16 21:48:27

Definitely boring Flumpy grin

BeenThereTooSEL Mon 04-Jul-16 21:48:53

Septum piercings are bang on trend at the moment and you can tuck it up for work etc. I've got mine done and I wear a really thin gold hoop in it

blinkowl Mon 04-Jul-16 21:49:47

Imagine you are 80 and looking back. 36 will seem like a young whippersnapper!

If you don't do it because you think you are too old, you may look back and think "but couldn't I see how young I was still?!"

You only live once! and if you please all of the people all of the time you're doing something wrong IMO! Fuck 'em if they think you're having a crisis!

hollieberrie Mon 04-Jul-16 21:56:39

Do it! grin I'm 37 and i've had mine for about 15 years. I love it smile

Also, i'm quite shy and introverted and i definitely don't have that quirky, confident thing going on. I don't think you necessarily need that to pull it off. Mine is a tiny gold stud, very discreet. It suits me. And most people never even notice it or comment tbh.

MrsSimonNeil Mon 04-Jul-16 23:02:30

Well I think the consensus is that I should go for it. My dh and 12 yo dd thought I should too so why the hell not. I might have to hide from my dad though shock if I'd had it done years ago I wouldn't be bothered about still having it in, it's more getting it done now at my age.

needsstrongone I'd also like a small discreet tattoo, one thing at a time though or it will definitely look like I'm having a crisis grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now