Money no object! Find me a gradual face tanner!

(32 Posts)
MorrisZapp Sat 02-Jul-16 10:52:14

I'm willing to splurge but delighted with a superdrug bargain too.

I want a facial gradual tan cream to use as an after sun on my upcoming holiday. So it has to be lovely and nourishing, easy to slather on generously, and not have any spf in it.

Gorgeous fragrance and luxe packaging also nice to have but performance is key. I'm pale skinned so must be very gradual (unlike the St Tropez freebie with Marie Claire which is like gravy browning).

Any ideas?

Fozzleyplum Sat 02-Jul-16 12:07:17

I use Clarins lisse-minute auto bronzant. It ticks all the boxes and costs about £17, I think.

DesireAs Sat 02-Jul-16 13:17:36

James Read Sleep Mask Face Tan is brilliant. Apply it at bedtime & wake up with a really natural glow. I find I only need to apply 2-3 times a week.

StephenKatz Sat 02-Jul-16 14:06:53

I like the Clarine drops, just mix a few drops with your usual moisturiser. DON'T forget to wash your hand after mixing! I had a brown streak on one of my palms for DAYS grin

StephenKatz Sat 02-Jul-16 14:07:16

*Clarins

MorrisZapp Sat 02-Jul-16 14:22:58

Great suggestions. I'm also interested in lancome night sun, I'm going to test it on Monday. Have a John Lewis voucher to spend! They have James Read etc too.

Hadron21 Sat 02-Jul-16 14:26:20

The Elemis one is lovely.

gininteacupsandleavesonthelawn Sat 02-Jul-16 14:32:50

Creme de la mer... Truly amazing

CousinViolent Sat 02-Jul-16 14:32:56

I was going to say the Clarins drops too. Great adaptable colour and it's so good to be able to mix it with my usual moisturiser. I bought the body one recently too, and it's also lovely.

XiCi Sat 02-Jul-16 15:17:37

The James Read one is awful, I woke up with thick orange streaks on my face, luckily QVC refunded me. I use a facial bronzing cream by Nuxe. It's the only one I've found that doesn't settle into the pores, gives a lovely colour and smells gorgeous.

Madbengalmum Sat 02-Jul-16 19:52:25

Creme de la mer gradual tan, lovely.

fastdaytears Sat 02-Jul-16 19:53:07

St Trop sensitive facial stuff

Amazing

JackandDiane Sat 02-Jul-16 19:55:41

NOT NOT NOT The clarins drops
they are shit
just use a normal St t diluted with moisturier

pinkieandperkie Sat 02-Jul-16 19:57:15

I use the Clarins drops that you add to your regular moisturiser. I've tried too many facial tanners and the Clarins one is amazing, I have repurchased twice.

Howaboutthisone Sat 02-Jul-16 20:00:05

Watching with interest!

WhoisLucasHood Sat 02-Jul-16 20:03:08

I like the ambre solaire bronzer. It's a fine mist spray, no streaks.

wobblywonderwoman Sat 02-Jul-16 20:03:19

The clarins drops make no difference I find

I am going to try again tonight

StewardsEnquiry Sat 02-Jul-16 20:07:26

Clarins eau lactee auto bronzante. You sweep it on with a cotton wool pad. Lovely.

Cloclomomo Sat 02-Jul-16 20:25:44

Vita Liberata: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009GFVH70/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got the tanning mitt to apply it with

Cristiane Sat 02-Jul-16 20:29:46

I adore Olay everyday sunshine in Light

Much better than anything else I've tried, price no object. Also has a kind of BB Cream effect so skin looks good after

Tarrarra Sat 02-Jul-16 20:58:25

The Elemis one for the face is lovely and doesn't leave you smelling tanny iyswim!

Bouncey Sat 02-Jul-16 22:17:07

Hylamide gradual glow booster - really amazing. It's totally fool proof and gives a lovely healthy glow. I have pale Irish skin and a baby that doesn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time and have been told I look healthy after using it. I've tried the clarins drops too and they are good but I prefer hylamide.

OjosCansados Sat 02-Jul-16 23:16:16

The Lancôme flash bronzer gel stuff is the dog's. A nice subtle tan, glides on so smoothly, no streaks. Natural colour and minimum smell.

At the moment I'm using a fake bake one with matryxl. It's v subtle (looks a bit dark when it first goes on though!) but I prefer Lancôme.

Vita Liberata is the best tanner in the world (iMO 😀) for body, but I'm less impressed by the face tanner.

SnoopDoggyDogg Sun 03-Jul-16 08:39:16

I love the Clarins drops too and have repurchased it 3 times.

ishouldcocoa Sun 03-Jul-16 08:44:19

Olay Everyday Sunshine in 'Light'. Been using it for several years. I wear it more in the winter as I tend to turn a slightly pale shade of grey after the summers over. I never get any streaks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now