Navy lace dress - style me up (but not too much!)

(8 Posts)
Crystalline Tue 28-Jun-16 11:53:00

I have this dress which I love (the fit on me is great, which is a first):
Dress

I am planning to wear it to a wedding, which is a very relaxed all-day late-night affair with a dress code of whatever-you-like. But it's a close relative so I will feel on show to some extent. My normal way of dressing is generally very informal/relaxed.

Please could someone suggest a suitable style of shoes to wear with this dress in the circumstances? I categorically don't ever wear heels. And what other accessories should I consider?

Crystalline Tue 28-Jun-16 11:54:42

(I'm short, size 12-ish, 30-something).

Gingermum Tue 28-Jun-16 12:18:32

Have you considered wedges? I hate heels and they are very comfy. Or start with wedges and then change into a pair of simple ballet pumps. SHOES

Pretty Ballerina do good pumps. There are lots of sales on too. I would avoid the ultra cheapies because the material tends to be very hard on your feet. PUMPS

Lovely dress btw. It doesn't need any dressing up. Maybe a simple bangle. Add height by putting your hair up and slipping in a silk flower. No necklace - or earrings. Bring a pashmina in case it gets chilly.

Here's some examples of easy updoes HAIR

Have fun! smile

Crystalline Tue 28-Jun-16 12:39:21

Hair up, bangle is a good idea, thanks.
Unfortunately wedges are totally out. I don't wear heels of any kind.
But I do have some ballet pumps that I could wear.

Pantsalive Tue 28-Jun-16 12:55:13

Silver ballet shoes?
www.zalando.co.uk/womens-shoes-ballet-pumps/_silver/?order=price&dir=asc
I have some which wear a lot.

Crystalline Tue 28-Jun-16 13:21:50

I could manage silver, yes. Could I get away with these? or do you think they are a bit utilitarian?

Clarks??

Pantsalive Tue 28-Jun-16 14:02:03

I think without the ankle strap would look more dressy. Any of these three possible (dressiest at the top)?
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26117586
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26117586
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26117583

Crystalline Tue 28-Jun-16 14:29:55

Possible, yes. Might have to have a mooch round some shops. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now