Underneath a Bodycon dress

(6 Posts)
Dollybird99 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:29:46

Oh wise ladies of mums net - please help me!

I have a date soon and have bought myself a lovely black Bodycon dress from Asos, and a wonderful pair of leopard skin boots - however I do need to wear a pair of (probably) opaque tights with it. As I have a rounded tummy, and carry a little weight on my hips, where the tights cut in it causes a sort of roll which us really not attractive! Does anyone have any tips for what to wear under a dress like this? I thought I could try control knickers over the tights but even they have a habit of rolling down when I sit! Any advice..? Thank you!

idontlikealdi Mon 27-Jun-16 21:37:46

Ditch the tights wear Spanx?

MissBianca Mon 27-Jun-16 21:41:29

Buy tights that are bigger than your usual size and pull them right up to under your bra.

M&S have good opaques which work well. Better than Spanx or control tights as they don't squidge the podgy bits out elsewhere.

DownstairsMixUp Mon 27-Jun-16 21:43:04

I've got a great pair of high waisted control pants that have a sticky sort of band so they can't shift. Think I got them from very. I have violin hips so need to wear them or I also look weird!

Dollybird99 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:01:19

Thank you ladies! I might take a look at very for the pants with the band! I hope he appreciates all this effort...!

Dollybird99 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:03:42

And thanks for the tip about the tights...I'll try that if I can't find the pants! I had rules out Spanx because they were so expensive! Thanks again flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now