Style/Beauty Purchases - who pays?

(23 Posts)
CoolToned Sat 25-Jun-16 22:18:05

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but for your fashion/beauty purchases, do you pay for them or do your spouses pay for them?

How about if you're a stay-at-home wife?

Just curious! Not judging! I'm a student, myself.

maggiethemagpie Sat 25-Jun-16 22:26:12

My spouse pay for them?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

No love

He pays for the manly things like paint and light fittings and power tools and gadgets

I pay for the clothes (for kids and I), toiletries and beauty products

SonicSpotlight Sat 25-Jun-16 22:29:24

hmm

BananaChew Sat 25-Jun-16 22:30:19

We don't have separate money.

witsender Sat 25-Jun-16 22:48:09

We've never had separate money. So when I was a full time sahm, technically he did I suppose.

dudsville Sat 25-Jun-16 23:27:14

We have seperate money. He buys his personal things and I buy mine.

BananaL0af Sat 25-Jun-16 23:34:15

I'm a SAHM, what's mine is mine and what's his is mine wink

His job is the source of the money money, but it's really household income.

So actually I'm paying for my S&B purchases, 'cause he's not present at the till when I go to buy them.

iammamam Sat 25-Jun-16 23:34:22

I'm a Sahm and I pay for everything in our house with his wages

dementedpixie Sat 25-Jun-16 23:36:22

I use the debit card I have for the joint account so basically dh pays!

StrawberryMouse Sat 25-Jun-16 23:41:19

I pay for my own purchases and he for his unless we are treating each other. We have a joint account for bills etc and then our own "fun money".

Clarabumps Sun 26-Jun-16 00:39:45

I'm a Samh and I pay for all my beauty products with the family money. DH works full time and i am at home full time. It's a fair division of labour.

StephenKatz Sun 26-Jun-16 08:47:14

I was a SAHM and didn't think twice about paying for S&B things out of the household money. Now we've switched roles and I work full time. I wouldn't dream of telling DH what he can and can't spend money on (as long as it's not out of our means!! grin ) He looks after our children while I work, that's a job in itself!

HopeArden Sun 26-Jun-16 08:47:35

Sahm here too. All money is ours and all purchases are paid for from our joint account. When I was working and dh was earning less, it was the same.

NicknameUsed Sun 26-Jun-16 09:07:35

Joint account here as well.

PurpleDaisies Sun 26-Jun-16 09:13:12

Family money is family money here too. I wouldn't have married who expected me to go begging every time I wanted a lipstick.

We have our own accounts and pay a fair proportion into a joint account for bills etc. What's left over is fair game for us individually. I don't use the joint account for anything S&B related.

RavioliOnToast Sun 26-Jun-16 09:14:55

Whoever, sometimes he uses his card, sometimes I use mine. But I never say 'will you buy me xyz' or 'can I buy xyz' I just do.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 26-Jun-16 12:35:59

Everything is joint. I earn most of it, so I guess technically I buy DH his S&B stuff..

LockedOutOfMN Sun 26-Jun-16 14:24:42

All of our money is shared, so "I" buy ludicrously expensive headphones and "he" buys too many things from Zara. blush

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Sun 26-Jun-16 16:13:49

We each take an allowance from the joint pot, and I buy all my clothes out of mine. With beauty purchases, it depends whether it's something "basic" (for instance I use Tresemme conditioner which is really cheap and you can buy in the supermarket) or "premium" (I use Kerastase shampoo so I would buy that myself). The exceptions are waxing and dermatologist visits for me, which I always pay for out of the joint account.

teaandcake789 Sun 26-Jun-16 17:44:55

My gosh if dh knew how much my mascara cost he'd have a fit. Then ask what's wrong with the stuff they sell at pound land so no I pay for my personal items. He pays for his. Joint account is for household bills. When I was a SAHM I would get child benefit and ctc into my account so I still had my own income. Ctc now goes into joint but I still get CB which I use for clothes for the kids

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 26-Jun-16 18:00:26

Both of us work full time and use our own money for personal spending - joint money is for household stuff. Sometimes DP buys me perfume for presents, but generally I tell him what I would like, unless it's Chanel 19 which I've worn for years and years. Occasionally I stick things like cotton wool or nailpolish remover on the Sainsbury's order.

FashionLover1 Mon 27-Jun-16 10:37:12

Me and just me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now