What to take to family holiday South west coast of Portugal

(9 Posts)
Snappyteabread Fri 03-Jun-16 21:03:44

So tell me what I should be taking.....family holiday, no swanky dinners or anything just a normal family holiday beach and day trips. No idea what I need to take. It's been a while since we've been away.

Catgirl83 Fri 03-Jun-16 23:19:25

I don't know if this is any help:

rockmystyle.co.uk/fashion-frolics-portugal-charlotte/

This blogger recently posted about her family holiday. I read it and wished I looked that stylish (and beautiful and slim).

Snappyteabread Sat 04-Jun-16 08:30:24

Thank you I'll take a look

ChippyMinton Sat 04-Jun-16 10:19:13

Bear in mid that it can be quite windy on that coast, so you might want a cardi or jacket.

Snappyteabread Sat 04-Jun-16 11:01:47

Yes I'll defintely be taking some layers.

Shirkingfromhome Sat 04-Jun-16 11:08:25

I was in the area last week - it's hotting up!
I wore patterned trousers (or if your my toddler, pyjamas) and vest tops on cooler days (h&m have a huge selection) and stripey dresses on hot days. Definitely take a cardi or layers for the evening, especially if you're out in the sun all day. It doesn't get cold but you'll notice a drop in temperature.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 04-Jun-16 11:16:49

I live in the Algarve, summer days at home I wear strappy t-shirt dresses or a bikini with dress/kaftan over, and evenings are strappy maxi dresses or linen trousers and loose tops. I probably wear the same half a dozen things over and over so it's a bit like having a holiday capsule wardrobe smile

waddleandtoddle Sat 04-Jun-16 11:22:11

I'm in Portugal now and it's super hot! I packed a small, light cardi and lots of nice little cotton dresses. Loads! In the end, all I've worn is a bikini, a sarong and for the evening a pair of denim shorts and a tshirt. Even shoes wise, I can't muster anything more than flip flops! It's a lovely dry hot - you'll have a great time. I'm On the coast and what little breeze there is, is much welcomed!!

Snappyteabread Sat 04-Jun-16 12:10:16

All great advice. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now