help needed - funeral to go to and I'm clueless!

(6 Posts)
nibblingfingernails Thu 12-May-16 20:43:19

I have a funeral to go to in the next couple of weeks. I need some help and advice on what to wear. I'm a size 18/20 both for top and bottom. About 5'5 in height. Very rarely wear high heels but I do own one black pair.

Actually have very little clothes as I lost some weight, got rid of all my old clothes as they didn't fit. Unfortunately I have now put on about 2 and a half stone back on and really struggling as I really don't want to buy too much as I want to get back into my lovely slimmer clothes!

Please help......

dreamerlemur Thu 12-May-16 20:45:38

To be honest I would make sure you are comfortable so if your are not comfortable in high heels I would give them a miss. I don't think you have to strictly wear black any more but maybe sober colours unless directed otherwise. As long as you look smart?

KondoAttitude Thu 12-May-16 20:53:12

Anything you feel comfortable in that is reasonably dark-coloured (black, grey, charcoal, navy, even deep plum etc) and not obviously casual (hoodies, sportswear, and ideally not jeans...) or inappropriate (showing thighs, upper arms or cleavage - follow normal rules of dressing for church services and you'll be fine). You could also wear a white blouse with dark bottoms and a dark cardigan or similar.

Sorry for your loss.

KondoAttitude Thu 12-May-16 20:54:02

Sorry, by upper arms I meant bare shoulders. Short sleeves fine.

nibblingfingernails Thu 12-May-16 20:56:36

Just having a look on line at the moment and am surprised at how many tops are 'cold shoulder' . I normally like something short sleeved.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 12-May-16 21:07:55

Anything black,grey,navy tbh anything suitably sombre definitely doesn't have to be black these days unless stated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now