best gel polish?

(19 Posts)
IWantToLiveInPawnee Wed 04-May-16 15:56:43

I've just tried Barry M Gelly Hi Shine. Really nice finish, goes on well, has lasted 24 hrs so far.

Can anybody recommend another brand to try for a different range of colours?

Thanks

holidaysarenice Wed 04-May-16 16:00:29

I use mainly Mac or Estée make up but pound land gel polish!

BaBaBaBoomBoom Wed 04-May-16 18:49:56

I love Rimmel super gel atm, you buy a colour, apply two coats as normal, then you buy the gel varnish and do a coat of that over the top. It takes forever to dry, but stays on my nails looking good for a week. Most other nail varnishes barely last two days..

Wolfiefan Wed 04-May-16 18:50:43

Rimmel didn't last 24 hours for me! shock

MrsLogicFromViz Wed 04-May-16 18:51:27

I like the Rimmel one too. It normally lasts about 5-6 days prior to chipping.

Xmasbaby11 Wed 04-May-16 18:52:26

Most last 2 to 3 days for me. I can't see any difference between the brands but I do like the colours of Rimmel

MNetter15 Wed 04-May-16 18:52:35

I recently bought one in primark and it's probably the best and most chip resistant I've ever tried shock

Paddypaws3 Wed 04-May-16 18:53:57

Bluesky is cheap and very hit and miss. Worth taking a chance though.

I like Sensationail.

fiorentina Wed 04-May-16 18:55:48

I've been using No7 and I think it's good. On my toes it lasts all week.

redroses86 Wed 04-May-16 21:30:56

Barry M Gelly are great in my opinion, last a few days chip free and cheap enough.

Rimmel Super Gel lasted even less than normal polish, chipped in less than 24 hours, awful.

I find the Maybelline 7 days polish lasts well but the choice of colours isn't great.

Flutterbye Thu 05-May-16 16:58:12

Are you talking about gel effect polish? I've recently got a Sensationail "Polish to Gel" kit and it's great. Salon look at a much lower cost, using your own regular polishes. It's often on offer at £35 from their own website, but has great reviews here too... www.boots.com/en/SensatioNail-Polish-to-Gel-Starter-Kit_1804964/

AnneLovesGilbert Thu 05-May-16 17:07:18

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy. I'm a huge nail polish addict, my previous love was Leighton Denny, and Barry M is very good, but these are even better!

Not loads of colours but a good enough range. I've got a nude sort of one and a bright pink, which is absolutely gorgeous, and amazing staying power on both.

They dry faster than any others, literally (but actually) touch dry in about 15 mins. Followed by 4 loads of washing, making the beds and cooking for a couple of hours. Not a smudge and no chipping for 6 days after.

No base coat which is a bit weird but they don't seem to stain either. Two layers of colour, and it's a gorgeous easy-to-use brush, then the top coat.

Promise I don't have shares, just super impressed and love a new nail find. I got mine in Superdrug but I think I saw they were on offer on asos the other day. Too late for me!

IWantToLiveInPawnee Thu 05-May-16 20:49:21

Thanks got that, I've ordered a light pink one from ASOS (on offer).

SellFridges Thu 05-May-16 20:55:44

I'm a fan of the Sensationail polish to gel kit too. It's giving me a week's wear and I can choose any of my own varnishes. Ace.

LoadsaBlusher Thu 05-May-16 23:22:07

Big fan of Barry M Gelly Range here too🙋💅
People always comment how shiny my nails are .

IWantToLiveInPawnee Fri 06-May-16 19:35:42

Just got the Revlon one, it's pretty gloopy and tricky to apply.

Nice finish but it's smudged as too thick, I've reapplied a couple of nails.

Prefer the Barry M one.

HermioneWeasley Fri 06-May-16 20:22:55

I find the China glaze base coat has really extended the life of my polish too - lasts a week now

Startingover2016 Fri 06-May-16 20:32:35

I've got a pale blue from Next that is lovely and lasts longer than usual.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Sun 08-May-16 14:48:57

Update - the Revlon one has staying power. I used Seche Vite over the top and still looking good. Just need to master the application.

Any good gel top coat recs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now