what colour bronzer for sallow skin?

(11 Posts)
thefudgeling Sat 30-Apr-16 07:49:39

I need something to warm up my complexion, and usually use a cream blush but want to try bronzer (possibly bare minerals as I react to lots of make up ingredients). I've tried bronzers before that have just made my face look dirty as I have quite a yellow cast to my skin. Can anyone recommend what sort of colours I should be looking for, please? Thank you! X

Rpj16 Sat 30-Apr-16 08:27:48

I'll be watching this. I'm the same. My doctor (who I don't usually see) even arranged a blood test as I looked pale and yellowy. He wouldn't believe that I am actually this colour!

Do you tan well in the Summer? I do luckily, and its the only time I look 'normal'.

I use Chanel's Velvet lumier foundation with Clinique's cheek pop (I think that's what its called) and when I do, it deters the 'are you ok? you look tired' comments.

thefudgeling Sat 30-Apr-16 08:29:54

Yes, Rp, I don't tend to burn in summer at all, and do feel I look better with a bit of colour. My shoulders and back go really brown. Thanks for the tips re blusher!

thefudgeling Sat 30-Apr-16 15:47:26

Update: I've just been into town and tried on the 'high dive' bronzer from bare minerals. I think I look a bit orange, may have overdone it!

thefudgeling Sat 30-Apr-16 15:58:00

Also I put it on about an hour ago and my face feels really itchy!

Rpj16 Sat 30-Apr-16 19:46:17

oh no sad that's not cool. I wonder if lush do a bronzer....

thefudgeling Sat 30-Apr-16 20:32:07

Yeah, I like lush. Will try there next!

Rpj16 Sat 30-Apr-16 20:58:19

They do something for dark yellow skin. But I'm pale yellow haha.

thefudgeling Sun 01-May-16 09:44:51

Me too but maybe if we just applied it lightly it would look ok?

Fozzleyplum Sun 01-May-16 12:07:51

I'm quite yellow and I use Benefit ' s Rocketeur. It's a cross between a blusher and bronzer.

thefudgeling Sun 01-May-16 21:55:32

Thanks Fozzley

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now