brown or grey? (pic)

(26 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 17-Feb-16 15:12:56

Or talk me out of a pricey purchase?!
The grey actually looks darker irl.
Oh and 'scuse the dodgy jeans rolling. I was rushing.
These are also a tad small. They are hudson horrigans and I don't know whether its worth sizing up as it seemed a bit rattly and baggier round the ankles.
I'm not sure they are as flattering to the ankles as I'd hoped. I might need an even lower ankle boot.
Thanks all.

maybemyrtle Wed 17-Feb-16 15:17:50

It doesn't sound as though you love them in either colour tbh!

My vote is send them back and keep looking for something closer to perfect.

keeponkeepinon Wed 17-Feb-16 15:22:42

I love them. Just not sure they feel the same about me! Its a frivolous buy so feeling a bit guilty. Its not even like I'm filling a gap really. I just like them. blush

CityFox Wed 17-Feb-16 15:30:13

I really like them, definitely in brown though. Brown matches with more and looks classic and more expensive.

If they don't fit it's going to cause you a whole world of pain and blisters, I would at least try the bigger size.

Ankle boots really don't look good on me with tights so I always wear them with jeans.

RedMapleLeaf Wed 17-Feb-16 15:46:38

Brown.

ScarlettDarling Wed 17-Feb-16 15:48:31

Don't like the grey at all, the brown are a lot nicer, you'd get lots if wear out of them.

ouryve Wed 17-Feb-16 15:50:34

Grey leather is rather 1980s, or is that back in vogue, again?

The brown looks better, but don't buy them, if they don't fit.

Dreamqueen Wed 17-Feb-16 15:56:57

i like the brown.

Neither if they don't fit. I prefer the brown, but only with the jeans - I don't think they work with the tights.

ParcelP Wed 17-Feb-16 16:06:47

Brown

BumWad Wed 17-Feb-16 16:07:47

Just me liking the grey then!

keeponkeepinon Wed 17-Feb-16 17:00:58

The brown fit better even though they are the same size. Tiny bit more roomy. Until a few months ago I would not have touched grey leather with a barge pole, but this is actually darker and nearer to a black. And more of a nubuck suede than anything shiny. Pretty much all my boots are brown leather so was thinking of branching out! I don't really think they look right with the tights either way anyway. I just fancied them and have some gift vouchers so being a bit frivolous! Not sure how much I would wear them over and above my trusty chelsea boots! Ive got some clarks orinoco to try in the sale as well and I expect they will be more comfy in truth. Maybe a pub shoe!?

Doingmyheadin2016 Wed 17-Feb-16 17:47:57

Prefer the brown.

ScarletForYa Wed 17-Feb-16 17:49:24

Brown for sure!

QuickSticks Wed 17-Feb-16 17:50:47

Another vote for brown

polyhymnia Wed 17-Feb-16 18:01:13

Don't hugely like either, tbh. But then I won't be the one wearing them. Definitely better with jeans than tights.

Obs2016 Wed 17-Feb-16 18:22:26

I like both, but from what you've posted I think you should send them both back.

You don;t sound as if you're loving either pair. I'd send them back and save my vouchers for something I loved instead.

Itsalldramarama Wed 17-Feb-16 20:41:55

Prefer the grey tbh ! But what do I know ;) if you are unsure send back ! If you don't love them now you never will

keeponkeepinon Wed 17-Feb-16 21:11:13

Yeaaa...maybe you're right. I'm not feeling the joy I expected! It was the same with the Sam Edelman Pettys, I liked them, but not for that price. Back to trusty old Clarks then! Or II'd like to try dr martens flora...they'd last half a lifetime no doubt! Thanks you've done a great job of sorting out my impulse purchase! grin

Kenworthington Wed 17-Feb-16 21:19:48

The brown ones look like you've atuck your feet in a puddle and got the toes wet confused don't LOvE either but prefer the grey due to aforementioned wet low look of the brown ones

CreviceImp Wed 17-Feb-16 22:47:48

The brown look great. Hudson boots get better with age too.

Don't laugh but I got a great pair of brown boots from Boden in the clearance. They are western-ish in design. I bought mine for £28 with a ten quid voucher.Had to size up.

keeponkeepinon Wed 17-Feb-16 23:32:21

Its funny you say that crevice, I am not a western boots kind of girl (I have never seen a cowboy boot I liked on, well, anyone) and I can see a bit of that influence here, must be the heel shape. So I am def out of mycomfort zone, I suppose I fancy a change.

burnishedsilver Thu 18-Feb-16 00:12:32

The grey are way nicer.

If you want something similar but lower, as already said, try Boden.

keeponkeepinon Thu 18-Feb-16 15:53:42

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26111722?cm_mmc=Google-_-Product-Listing-Ads-_-PLA-_-la&kpid=26111722&gclid=CJGb4J3VgcsCFSEFwwod5CQDjA

Those versus these in either khaki, burgundy or black? No doubt that these will be more practical and comfy. Wwyd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now