Can I make my hair grow faster?

(8 Posts)
caitlinohara Thu 11-Feb-16 13:28:02

Posted this in chat and then remembered this topic!

Have had really disastrous haircut, it's way too short at the back. It was a bob before but now I have a practically shaved head from my ears to the back of my head although it's still like a bob at the front. Sounds hideous, doesn't it? It is.

Any expert advice gratefully received. Be kind. I am feeling delicate. sad

Neveradullm0ment Thu 11-Feb-16 14:59:41

You can maximise your hair growth by taking vitamins. But you can't force it. I had a short haircut 2 and a half years ago, and basically I had to wait. I had it trimmed every three/fours to keep the ends healthy and I took silica supplements. Can you not just have the rest cut off and start again?

Newname36 Thu 11-Feb-16 16:14:29

Try Perfectil vitamins. I've noticed mine has been growing faster than usual (grey roots angry) and that's the only thing I've done differently.

specialsubject Thu 11-Feb-16 16:20:51

no. Its growth can be slowed if you don't eat properly, so try a proper diet. But you can't speed up your natural hair growth rate. For most people that is about half an inch per month.

this is regardless of pots or potions with French names which say 'may help to increase hair growth rate'. Unless it is something called regaine.

Heyheyheygoodbye Thu 11-Feb-16 16:25:30

No magic trick I'm afraid. Eat a good diet and drink plenty of water. I think it grows faster if I give my scalp a good massage while washing but I have no empirical proof! I shaved my head three years ago and it's now waist length.

AddToBasket Thu 11-Feb-16 18:18:39

Berocca. Or at least that's what works for me. Bloody annoying in some ways because like NewName I have to get my colour done every 6weeks now. Also works for strong nails.

caitlinohara Thu 11-Feb-16 18:52:28

Ugh. Thanks guys. I think supplements are the way to go. I eat well and don't drink (much) or smoke, under a lot of stress at the moment so not sleeping great but have started exercising again so that might help I suppose!

specialsubject Thu 11-Feb-16 19:40:31

if you eat well, aren't ill, aren't pregnant or TTC, aren't under six or over sixty then you don't need supplements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now