How to style this dress

(7 Posts)
Needastylist Fri 30-Oct-15 21:39:20

I've just ordered this dress to wear for a work event (evening) http://www.next.co.uk/g5l476s4#l38331gl5

How would you accessorise it? I was thinking black tights and black shoes/bag but I'm no good with things like this! Please help!

ephemeralfairy Fri 30-Oct-15 21:56:49

I think metallics look lovely with that shade of blue. Not too glitzy/shiny, go for a pewter or heavy antique gold for shoes and bag. I personally avoid plain black tights with block colour like that, I would go bare legged or wear some tights with a subtle pattern or texture. But that's just me.

Needastylist Fri 30-Oct-15 22:09:53

Definitely can't go bare legged as I'm pale as a vampire. What sort of subtle pattern/ texture do you mean? (Told you I was useless thlblush)

ephemeralfairy Fri 30-Oct-15 22:18:49

I've got some lacy patterned ones in a silvery grey, some the same in black, or semi-sheer with tiny polka dots. A bit 80s but in a cool way...I promise! Marks and Sparks are surprisingly good for unusual tights, as are Primark. Also for a bare-legged look I swear by flesh coloured fishnets like dancers wear (and Beyonce) They sound VILE but they give good coverage without that icky shiny look that sheer tights give.

I sound like a tights-obsessed freak now....plain black tights would be fine too, I just feel like they make me look like an overgrown schoolgirl! But you are probs more sophisticated than me OP! It's a lovely dress too.

DaylightSnobbery Fri 30-Oct-15 22:55:54

I love that dress and the shoes. Agree definitely wouldn't wear black tights

burnishedsilver Fri 30-Oct-15 23:36:11

Try on the black tights. They might work. Another option is nude tights and navy shoes.

Needastylist Sat 31-Oct-15 09:27:31

Sorry I didn't reply last night- I fell asleep thlblush

Thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking of nude nails...would that work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now