Preference Highlights or Ombre?

(9 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 18-Jun-15 22:05:52

I have brown hair, shoulder length. Low iron and pregnancy have killed 30% of it but I style it with velcronrollers so it looks decent. On other days I wear a pony tail.

Anyway, i used to have expensive blonde highlighys and it suited me well. Can't aggord the hairdressers now so will have to brave it at home.

Is ombre still Ok to wear or is it cery old news? How should I apply it?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 18-Jun-15 22:06:11

By Preference I mean l'oreal products!

Kennington Thu 18-Jun-15 22:20:40

I like the ombré kit but I would recommend you get a friend to help as I went overboard, I also split the packet into two. Hope this helps.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 18-Jun-15 22:54:03

Thanks! smile

What do you mean you went overboard?

Kennington Thu 18-Jun-15 23:06:22

I smeared it on thick rather than highlighted. The brush isn't very precise and I am ca I handed. It was very ombré! Instead of subtle.
2nd time I did it I got mum involved and it looked good.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 19-Jun-15 17:46:05

If you live in Kennington, I'm coming! wink

No, not really but it would be handy! grin

SparklesRedHotChileLeather Fri 19-Jun-15 20:54:34

Oh hello Drink smile

Clicked on this as I love ombre - then saw it was you!

Pack it in your suitcase with the Prosecco - I'll do it for you grin

#whatcouldpossiblygowrong

NoStannisNo Fri 19-Jun-15 21:00:35

I had DIY ombre but I found the Loreal kit wasn't very good, the bleach wasn't strong enough and it went quite orange. So I brought the Jerome Russell proper bleach and that did the trick! I do find with home ombre it takes a couple of go's to get it right, I never got the look I wanted first time.

Much easier to do home ombre than home highlights though!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 19-Jun-15 21:51:03

hi sparkle! <waves>When an idea pops into my head I can't wait and wanted to do it now but it's best I don't do it myself and don't think I'll find another victim before seeing you! so yes, what could go wrong...

that's useful stannis, thanks. Actually I'll have a look what superdrug have on offer. their products are often highly rated on here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now