beach/swimwear cover up ideas?

(5 Posts)
Passthecake30 Sun 10-May-15 21:16:58

Hi ladies, I've booked our first holiday abroad for 8 years and I'm struggling to find something to sling on top of my bikini/tankini when I want to be more modest or hide from the sun. ..looking for ideas!

I'm 6ft, size 10-12, and want it to cover my shoulders/upper arms as that's where I burn. It doesn't have to be particularly long, just under bum cheeks is cool. I've tried something on in matalan, which looked like I was a sack of potatoes. ..it was a baggy tshirt thing with elastic thru the waist, so I obviously can't do that style!

Also don't want to spend too much... £10ish?

Any ideas gratefully appreciated. ..before I just wear dp's tshirtswink

Stinkersmum Sun 10-May-15 21:21:52

Have you looked at George at Asda?

chipsandpeas Sun 10-May-15 21:25:35

primark have come long sleeved cotton dresses which would do for you

or look at kimono style cotton cover ups

Passthecake30 Sun 10-May-15 21:35:12

I did look at George...but could only see the tie in the middle ones on line? Will look again!

Will look in Primark, I did look at their cover ups but they didn't look like they would cover much up blush

Thanks ladies

SalyCinnamon Sun 10-May-15 21:39:59

Whenever I have been on holiday I have always used a large men's shirt as a coverup, they look good and you can do the bottom button to stop it blowing everywhere but keep the middle open to stay cool iyswim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now