Opinion on these ankle boots

(26 Posts)
schmee Tue 02-Sep-14 18:20:02

What do you think of these? I can't work out if I really like them or not. Styling with dark or grey skinnies, and casual jackets including this.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Carpaccio Tue 02-Sep-14 18:32:40

I'm not keen on the stitching and quilt, so it's a no from me.

I think these are nicer:
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26103984
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26101047
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26104357

schmee Tue 02-Sep-14 18:40:25

I think you could be right about the quilting. I'm after something like this but with a mid-heel and more ankle boot than mid-calf. But I think I might be after something that doesn't exist.

I'm not keen on them. They are leaning towards a more shoe boot shape at front but the quilting suggests biker boot to me. I think I'd like them if they were just plain matte leather without the quilting

KnockMeDown Tue 02-Sep-14 19:26:49

I really like them grin

littlewhitebag Tue 02-Sep-14 19:35:24

I think they look frumpy. It is definitely the quilting which puts me off.

blanchedalmonds Tue 02-Sep-14 19:39:43

Schmee. I just bought that jacket from The White Company. It is very nice. It is quite smart and I will be wearing it with dark grey skinnies and black ankle boots. I got 15% off mine as I have a code. You can walk into The White Co. and tell them the code and they will put it in the till (I did this) or buy online. Let me know if u want it.

schmee Tue 02-Sep-14 19:44:57

Thanks so much blanched almonds - I've actually bought it in the shop already and I'm just looking for the boots to style it with (I only have brown calf length ones at the moment which won't do at all). It's such a fab jacket isn't?!

I've seen the boots in real life, and they do look a bit better in real life, but overall I think they look rather clumpy and a bit strange. Coupled with that jacket, I think it would all be a bit much.

schmee Tue 02-Sep-14 21:34:19

Thank you Remus - I think I might go with some mid-heel chelsea style boots.

TwoInTheMourning Tue 02-Sep-14 21:50:09

Carpaccio's first pair look nice.

PistolWhipped Tue 02-Sep-14 22:11:48

I like them, OP, I like them a lot (except in brown).

Nerf Tue 02-Sep-14 22:26:59

They just look a bit mummy. Sorry, I'm wincing as I type because it's so subjective but they are sort of thoughtless and clumpy. I hate Clark's for a 'look' unless that look is 'middle class office worker' (I have a pair for when I need to rock this look.)

schmee Tue 02-Sep-14 22:28:06

Oh goodness - the brown is soooo wrong. Love the Marta Jonsson ones, but might go with Carpaccio's first pair as the safest option (having splashed all my cash on the cardi/jacket I need these shoes to work hard..)

minkah Tue 02-Sep-14 22:35:32

I love the first ones you linked to, schmee.

They have a lot more interest and style to them than the plain ones.

Live a little!

I think they will truly work well with the WC jacket, give it a bit of distinction.

blanchedalmonds Wed 03-Sep-14 07:57:58

I am wearing these with my WC jacket. I have full length black boots but I think it will look a bit much. It is actually quite a posh jacket. The leather is really soft and nice like a very expensive and flash pair of leather pants. I don't think it will go with biker boots or flat boots unless you are very tall. I am only 5ft 3" and usually a waterfall jacket or cardi would look too long on me. This is fine but I think I still need a bit of heel to carry off the jacket.

WildFlowersAttractBees Wed 03-Sep-14 09:15:48

Blanchedalmosnds, could I possibly have a copy of the code please? I had my eye on a similar one from Nordstrom but this one looks much nicer and almost half the price!

blanchedalmonds Wed 03-Sep-14 09:20:08

Sure. It is Code: AE035 for 15% off and free shipping.

WildFlowersAttractBees Wed 03-Sep-14 13:35:41

Thank you. I will go in and try it on tomorrow!

BlueBrightBlue Wed 03-Sep-14 13:54:30

What size are you? I say this because I sometimes buy childrens boots from Clarks as they go up to 5 1/2 ( more like a 6).

Lucked Wed 03-Sep-14 14:21:51

Okay that is a really nice jacket, what is the sizing like?

polyhymnia Wed 03-Sep-14 14:45:50

I don't like the ones on the OP much but do like some current R and B bikers that have quilting, so perhaps it's just part of my lack of keenness on Clarks. Think the 3 carpaccio posted look a little mumsy' but these things are very subjective.
Prefer the more bikerish ones personally .

BlueBrightBlue Wed 03-Sep-14 21:32:36

I tried on OP's boots today. They really comfy; chunky and I am considering getting a pair. Really well made too. Classic style and good value/quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now