40th ring inspiration please!

(12 Posts)
Nancery Mon 18-Aug-14 22:53:02

Cocked up and told DH I didn't want a birthday present (am 40 next month) as he's already organised a weekend away and we are meant to be cutting back as buying another property soon.
However, I lied....
I overheard him talking about buying me a bell tent, which I do love, but currently we don't have the space and are unlikely to use it for ages. It would have been close on £500, so bonkers. I couldn't confess of earwigging so said I was ok present free / the party was more than enough etc. Which I would much still rather be if the alternative was getting a £500 present I currently had no space or use for.

I'm loving the idea, if I can hint enough, of an 'eternity' ring - but we really can't spend a lot; £100-125 max I reckon. I tend to wear jewellery all the time (bracelet, necklace and wedding band - I don't take any of them off) so it needs to be easy to wear. I could wear it on my right hand instead if next it wedding ring if it was chunky, I don't wear anything on that hand. Please inspire me!

I like chunky, but wearable

Gemdar Mon 18-Aug-14 23:18:53

What about bezel setting? Very wearable setting

Google search 'bezel set eternity ring'

Nancery Mon 18-Aug-14 23:21:17

Ooh, thanks - googling now!

Nancery Mon 18-Aug-14 23:22:50

Love it!
Need to find something in a suitable price range though, will look now

Chimchar Mon 18-Aug-14 23:26:23

Watching with interest.
I'm 40 this year too. Can't afford an eternity ring, but would love a special chunky ring.

Love the one you linked to nance.

angeltulips Mon 18-Aug-14 23:38:08

Look on outnet - there's a shiny monica vinader ring that might work

BogeyNights Tue 19-Aug-14 22:13:43

I've linked this before, but it's a great looking ring. A friend of mine has it and I covert it!!!

shop.swatch.com/en_gb/jewellery/jewellery/rings/lustro-jrm015.html

WildBillfemale Wed 20-Aug-14 07:24:48

You could look at second hand rings - Often better quality and a fraction of the new equivalent plus some lovely designs

florascotia Wed 20-Aug-14 20:43:38

Agree with WildBill. Secondhand jewellery is very good value for money, and often lovely quality, though does take more hunting down to find what you want.

addictedtosugar Wed 20-Aug-14 20:53:11
VanitasVanitatum Wed 20-Aug-14 21:16:48

Jeremy Heber does some lovely pieces..

wifeandmotherandlotsofother Thu 21-Aug-14 18:22:24

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now