If you have naturally chunky legs, even if not fat, what footwear do you wear with skirts?

(16 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 17-Aug-14 19:02:18

I can't manage much of a heel, and flats do nothing for my legs.

BikeRunSki Sun 17-Aug-14 19:08:45

Wedges
Mostly from White Stuff

BarbaraPalmer Sun 17-Aug-14 19:12:12

I have mostly wear boots due to horrific cankles.
Legs not fat (not thin either, mind) just lumpen and thick of ankle

sometimes a mary-jane type or other ankle strap shoe works, even though popular wisdom says they are supposed to be unflattering.

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Sun 17-Aug-14 19:25:58

I either wear very dainty ballet flats (not the ones with a bit of a heel and pref with toe cleavage) or heels that match my tights (or match my legs if not wearing tights) to make my legs look longer hence a bit thinner in proportion.

AWimbaWay Sun 17-Aug-14 19:36:16

Heels look best but I find even a slight heel uncomfortable so instead wear ballet pumps, I find it helps if they're the same colour as whatever I have on my legs though, so nude for bare legs, black with black tights.

Ujjayi Sun 17-Aug-14 20:29:18

I wear ballet flats as described by VeryLittleGravitas. Also mid-heels which are chunkier than a stiletto but not a block heel. During the summer I wear flat leather sandals & flip flops.

I have just bought these in taupe & black. They are ridiculously flattering. I have worn the taupe version with summer dresses, skirts & shorts. The top of the boot is shaped in such a way that it gives the illusion of an ankle ;). I'll wear the black ones with opaques in the autumn/winter.

Trills Sun 17-Aug-14 20:35:18

Can I join the "much larger legs than the rest of me would expect" gang?

I mainly wear ballet flat type shoes, even if they don't do much for my calves. They are comfy. I like the ones from Accessorize.

holdyourown Sun 17-Aug-14 21:04:26

something like hasbeens (topshop are doing a version) or other chunky-ish sandals in summer, and ankle boots with a heel or longer boots in winter

holdyourown Sun 17-Aug-14 21:05:20

yes it's nice that we sturdy of leg have our own gang now wink

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Sun 17-Aug-14 21:11:30

Trainers (with orthotics in) if walking/standing about a lot. Boots if I can get away with it and the weather is cold enough. Mary Jane with a sturdy heel if I can be sitting around a lot.

psych63 Sun 17-Aug-14 21:27:37

chunky legs -sighs-always felt that i was meant to be coltish and ethereal . winter is great cos i can wear boots-no dresses in summer but always a heel cos legs short as well as chunky. wedgies good cos I can walk in them

psych63 Sun 17-Aug-14 21:30:04

with a skirt would have to be wedge sandals or dark tights and ankle boots in winter

PseudoBadger Mon 18-Aug-14 19:42:48

Thanks

PseudoBadger Mon 18-Aug-14 19:43:23

Oops...
Thanks I'll re-visit wedges and maybe reassess flat shoes.

scarletforya Mon 18-Aug-14 19:46:12

The only skirts I wear are maxi length in summer. So ballet flats or flip flops etc.

Other than that I don't wear skirts because I have fat legs and no one wants to see that!

hugoagogo Mon 18-Aug-14 21:19:47

I never ever wear a skirt.

My legs are chunky, but my ankles are thin and my actual trotters dainty.

I really would look like a pig in a wig sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now