What sunglasses do you wear?

(76 Posts)
LovingSummer Fri 04-Jul-14 19:23:52

What's good about them and where did you get them from?

Mine have broken and I've never bothered to have a nice pair, but thought I would treat myself this time round.

Any ideas?

spritecat Fri 04-Jul-14 23:15:00

I've got a pair of brown Diesel that are probably eight years old. They fit my face and are comfy on top of my head. Because they are not too dark the colour is good.
Also a pair of Von Zipper green and black thick resin frame. They are look gorgeous, fit well but boy are they dark. I bought them in Oz where they were perfect but they are just too dark for here.

Both the above were expensive so I have looked after them. It doesn't stop me impulse buying cheapies from Primark and my last lot were a £2 brown and gilt pair - brown, large and great for driving.

Shinyshoes2 Fri 04-Jul-14 23:26:33
OorWullie Fri 04-Jul-14 23:30:46

Mine were £1 in primark, they do the job and they look fine.

i lose/break stuff alot so i'm happy to replace them at that price when the inevitable happens.

Gucci

Daaarling

Like price/experience. But always better in Italy.

Only1scoop Fri 04-Jul-14 23:35:11

Rayban aviators

And

Ted baker big torties...

Only1scoop Fri 04-Jul-14 23:36:03

Look at secret sales site

mumat39 Fri 04-Jul-14 23:39:51

How do you know which shapes will suit?

I always feel like I look like Polly dressed up as Sybil in that episode of fawlty towers where basil pretends she's unwell. Hilarious episode, but not a good look.

Only1scoop Fri 04-Jul-14 23:41:09

grin

LumionaMoonsplash Fri 04-Jul-14 23:43:40

I have three pairs of poundland glasses which look far more expensive than they are. I love them all.

PrimalLass Fri 04-Jul-14 23:57:57

I only wear wraparounds, and they must not stick out at the side, and they must sit on my head flat like a hairband. Current faves are a Timberland pair. I also have a lovely Polo Sport pair, but I have stretched them by wearing them on my hair.

Marylou2 Sat 05-Jul-14 00:13:12

Oakleys.Worth buying polarised onez.Also Rayban Wayfarers.

Ludways Sat 05-Jul-14 00:53:27

Hmm, I have a but if a thing for sunglasses, in my defence I used to live in Florida.

Gucci x 2
Police
Persol
Ray Bans
Bvlgari

Reason: I love 'em!!!

Ludways Sat 05-Jul-14 00:55:39

In fact, I have a pair on my bedside table during the winter just so I can look at them even though there's no sun.

Strange, moi?

Cuteypatootey Sat 05-Jul-14 05:53:03

Black Dior cocotte. Big and Jacque o like. Pros: look good, have dropped them loads but still unscathed. Cons: expensive, not very good glare protection

Cuteypatootey Sat 05-Jul-14 05:56:12

Got them in duty free at heathrow

Eastpoint Sat 05-Jul-14 06:04:44

Maui Jim are really good lenses and if you break/scratch a lens you can replace them.

I also have some Prada & Tom Ford sunglasses, the Prada pair are a bit too light.

buttercrumble Sat 05-Jul-14 06:41:59

The great thing is that I can see, I wear Orla Kiely prescription lense ones from boots smile

MrsDavidBowie Sat 05-Jul-14 06:45:54

Another one for Rayban wayfarers. At that price I really look after them.
Also have Rayban prescription sunglasses for reading
I used to go through 3 or 4 pairs of cheap £15 sunglasses a year as I'd lose them or they'd stretch

prettymel Sat 05-Jul-14 06:59:53

Rayban Aviators is my favorite sunglasses during summer. You can pair it in every dress and style. I love wearing them during summer on a beach, pool and sometimes I use this whenever I'm driving. It is very comfortable and light to use. I also have cheaper sunglasses from online stores.

nowahousewife Sat 05-Jul-14 07:16:42

Rayban Jackie O's black
Prada tortoiseshell
Gucci tortoiseshell
Tiffany black

Plus numerous pairs I've left in places over the years including my lovely Tom fords. Love a big pair of sunnies and wear them all year round. Feeling a bit rough?..put on a large pair do dark shades for an instant lift!

nowahousewife Sat 05-Jul-14 07:17:24

Of shades not do shades!!

piratecat Sat 05-Jul-14 07:28:50

mummy39 grin

me too my head is little. have to get my normal specs from youth range.

HarrySnotter Sat 05-Jul-14 08:50:17
EldonAve Sat 05-Jul-14 09:01:20

Sunglass Hut or dept stores are good for trying on lots and working out what shapes you like

I have RL ones and lots of cheap ones from Primark

Meglet Sat 05-Jul-14 09:06:29

Polaroids from TK Maxx. They're perfect for driving. I should get a 'handbag' pair too really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now