What sunglasses do you wear?

(76 Posts)
LovingSummer Fri 04-Jul-14 19:23:52

What's good about them and where did you get them from?

Mine have broken and I've never bothered to have a nice pair, but thought I would treat myself this time round.

Any ideas?

Earlybird Fri 04-Jul-14 19:30:56

Tom Ford - expensive, but I've had them for 3 years, and they are still going strong.

www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/tom-ford.aspx

I find I take better care of expensive sunglasses and umbrellas. If I buy the cheap stuff, I seem to break and/or lose them much more quickly!

noisytoys Fri 04-Jul-14 19:33:31

Tommy Hilfiger ones from Specsavers with prescription lenses. Free on BOGOF with my regular pair. Can't wear regular sunglasses without prescription because I can't see with them smile

Amrapaali Fri 04-Jul-14 19:35:21

A Bloc pair from TKMaxx. Cost £15. Makes me feel very glamorous...

Amrapaali Fri 04-Jul-14 19:37:19

These are the Bloc ones. Aren't they beautiful? wink

nilbyname Fri 04-Jul-14 19:41:31

Ray Ban Aviators in gunmetal and black
Ray Ban wayfarers in extra large d frames- tortoise shell
D&G leopard print large jackie o style ones
Whistles grey cat eye shape ones.
Then quite a few cheaper ones....
Oh and some winter sport ones!

Slightly addicted to face wear!

nilbyname Fri 04-Jul-14 19:42:10

TK Maxx can be good for cheap finds or Brand Alley.

HappyGirlNow Fri 04-Jul-14 19:43:08

Big chanels (2 pairs black and a pair of tortoiseshell), cats eye michael Kor's - again glam.. Rayban Wayfarers in black and tortoiseshell and Rayban aviators.. They're my 'cool' ones.. Oh and some Prada tortoiseshell mid sized - back to glam..

I love them all grin

poorbuthappy Fri 04-Jul-14 19:43:09

Moschinos from tk m

poorbuthappy Fri 04-Jul-14 19:43:34

Tk Maxx!!
Paid £30.
They are gorgeous.

Catsmamma Fri 04-Jul-14 19:45:13

try and get some with decent polarising lenses in...they are way better at dealing with the glare.

check the CE mark too, sunspecs should have it and means they have a proper tint and a UV filter on to protect your eyes effectively.

GobblersKnob Fri 04-Jul-14 19:45:50

Loads of different ones from tk maxx.

Cumberlover76 Fri 04-Jul-14 19:49:19

Ray Ban Wayfarers, tortoishell, original design. Expensive but the best sunglasses I have ever had.

notoneforselfies Fri 04-Jul-14 19:50:42

Def get polarised. Makes such a difference. Especially for driving... (I bought them when, after a rainstorm on the motorway, the sun came out and I couldn't see the road for the glare. Terrifying.)

brightonbirdy Fri 04-Jul-14 19:51:47

Bloc from TK Maxx grin

Fozzleyplum Fri 04-Jul-14 20:16:59

Definitely TK Maxx. Why pay £200 when you can pay £20 for an equivalent pair? I only lose them / sit on them anyway.

Bunbaker Fri 04-Jul-14 20:23:42

Prescription sunglasses. I have a small head so I just wear what fits. I can forget about the branded stuff because they are all way too big.

piratecat Fri 04-Jul-14 20:26:09

mine are prescription, Dior if you please, BUT they were on sale in a little local place, v cheap. about £100. Got to have them, esp for driving.

leadrightfoot Fri 04-Jul-14 20:34:41

Oakleys
Three pairs in car house and handbag
Polarised lenses
Wraparound single piece lenses
No light in or around the sides genius

CointreauVersial Fri 04-Jul-14 21:14:27

I go for cheap and cheerful. I am currently alternating between a No7 pair I got with a half-price Boots voucher, a pair from M&S, and a Bourjois pair I got free with three items of makeup at Superdrug.

I would just lose expensive ones, I think, although I'm sometimes tempted.

LovingSummer Fri 04-Jul-14 21:21:35

Ooooh good replies, thank you all so much! I just don't notice what people are wearing and so it will be nice to start somewhere with some pointers from you all smile

Apollonia6 Fri 04-Jul-14 21:22:34

Oakleys, like Lead has already mentioned; no light gets in at the sides, plus they last forever.

Oakleys that I got in Orlando.

tgrayson Fri 04-Jul-14 21:30:19

I love the ray ban Jackie oohs they are timeless, classic and suit most face shapes. I have them in the brown.

BestIsWest Fri 04-Jul-14 22:14:34

I have a couple of pairs of Raybans bought in Portugal but also a Mercedes Benz pair from TKMaxx and they are great. Polarised are Mazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now