ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Just looked into a full length mirror and...yuk!

(9 Posts)
springchickennolonger Fri 06-Jun-14 19:40:57

I look terrible. Bought a nice top in JL which fits ok. Tried it on in front of my nrwly-placed mirror and I look like a square in it. A dumpy square.

Whst's the matter with me? I'm no skinny minny but I'm a size 12 (perhaps on the curvier spectrum) but I never imagined I look this terrible.

Fot info, the top was round-necked, sort of asymmetric, not fitted but goodish quality. I'm wearing with light blue leggingy jeans.

The one I'm wearing now in a darker colour looks slightly better but still has the shapeless square look.

Help!

Nothing is the matter with you.

We're all different shapes and suit different things. I can wear slim trousers and a boxy top and look fine or a wrap dress and look bloody awful.

Take the top back.

Sicaq Fri 06-Jun-14 20:47:39

Lots of tops at the moment seem to be cut like that; I don't think they flatter anyone. I'm size 8 (although short) and I look dumpy in those tops.

Take it back!

Sleepwhenidie Fri 06-Jun-14 20:51:46

I'm a size 8 and round neck tops look terrible on me too, I need a scoop or a v otherwise forget it. Why do we always criticise our bodies instead of the clothes confused?

Sicaq Fri 06-Jun-14 20:54:07

Indeed. As a great sage* once said, "I make clothes to fit my body, not the other way around."

*actually Jennifer Lopez, but the point stands

michellestub1965 Fri 06-Jun-14 21:06:30

Also tried a round neck top today in next and wasn't flattering agree with op take it back
In the words of James Blunt...your beautiful!

EdithDickie Fri 06-Jun-14 21:52:44

Another one here who doesn't suit those tops. I need something a bit more fitted or I look hooge.

springchickennolonger Sat 07-Jun-14 08:31:07

Thanks for reassurance, folks. I'll take the top back.

Thing is, they seem to be bloody everywhere atm. Very poor choice in shops. No proper fitted or v-neck stuff (even if v-necks probably suit most women better).

Another style that doesn't suit me is that unstructured biker look. Yet it's everywhere.

And those voluminous nylon blouses!

Back to the boyfriend cardis, I think!

Thislife Sat 07-Jun-14 09:55:26

Those tops can make anyone look huge. And I look dumpy when I wear leggings/skinny jeans with flat shoes. Not many of us are tall and willowy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now