Wedding guest dress for 4 year old

(29 Posts)
dingalong Fri 06-Jun-14 14:51:30

Dd 4.5 will be joining us at her cousins wedding (poor ds 2.5 to stay at home (reception beside a lake)

Any suggestions for gorgeous dresses and shoes ? - I don't mind spending upto about 100stg on dress I think.

She's tall about 112cm and takes a 29 shoe. It's my first time looking for this type of thing

She likes jumping & running too so wanted something that might disguise a little wear and tear on the day while still being gorgeous.

She loves pink, put coral, turquoise/aqua suit her colouring. Wedding in ireland in July so who knows the weather smile

Any help with websites or suggestions ? (Living in ireland so need to deliver here ideally otherwise a bit of a faff)

Stevie77 Fri 06-Jun-14 15:31:40

Look in Next, Monsoon, John Lewis & Debenhams. All do lovely girls' dresses in different styles and with matching shoes. If you have time to wait for the order, Janie & Jack in the US do really nice children's clothes.

Helpys Fri 06-Jun-14 15:57:57

La Redoute do lovely 'event' children's clothes.

WanttogotoDisney Fri 06-Jun-14 16:12:45

I'm not sure what currency you are referring to but if it within budget the Kate Mack Swan Lake dress is divine. My DDs wear it with silver sandals.

www.scarlettsbowtique.co.uk/kate-mack-swan-lake-dress-2420-p.asp

WanttogotoDisney Fri 06-Jun-14 16:16:06

You also have enough time to ship from the US and I also love this little beauty: www.everythingbuttheprincess.com/Kate-Mack-Secret-Garden-Strappy-Dress-_p_13718.html

Thurlow Fri 06-Jun-14 16:17:36

It's only a 10th of your price but this is so cute!

LoblollyBoy Fri 06-Jun-14 16:17:49

When I saw a child wearing this in purple on her third birthday, I was so inspired I bought myself a floor length pleated gown in lime green for a ball later that year. She looked great!

LoblollyBoy Fri 06-Jun-14 16:30:58

Hm, I may have ignored wear-and-tear requirement - pattern might be better, sorry.

AnnabelleDarling Fri 06-Jun-14 17:08:37

I love gorgeous have beautiful dresses for girls. Dd has worn a couple to weddings and loved them

WowserBowser Fri 06-Jun-14 17:18:16

Thurlow great dresses and amazing prices

Thurlow Fri 06-Jun-14 17:24:23

I don't even like DD in dresses but I'd buy one of those for her grin

dingalong Fri 06-Jun-14 18:27:43

Thanks everyone - I've had a look at all the links and I've had a look on the I love gorgeous website. I love the sage coloured dresses, they'd be lovely with her colouring.

CorrieDale Fri 06-Jun-14 18:38:18

Try etsy or folksy for something more individual?

dingalong Fri 06-Jun-14 23:33:09

I've had a look on etsy but fear the lead times are too long.

While I like I love gorgeous - she doesn't want sage and the pinks aren't pink/sparkles enough

We had a look at a few websites and she liked this
www.next.co.uk/g568198s1 - pink and sparkles seem to be the most popular. I'll just have to see what it looks like in rl.

I also liked this one but no from her.
m-uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_3,mon_3.3,mon_3.3.1/6100060708

clippityclop Fri 06-Jun-14 23:42:19

Why can't your ds be there to join in the fun?

dingalong Fri 06-Jun-14 23:48:25

The hotel is located in front of a large lake & the drinks reception is being held beside a pier onto the lake.

He loves ex

dingalong Fri 06-Jun-14 23:54:29

Sorry (hit send by accident) ds loves exploring, climbing and I'd be worried he doesn't have enough sense yet to stay away from the lake. Dh would be busy catching up with family so I'd be doing the chasing. Ds would be too busy/nosey to sit still at the meal/speeches and the venue doesn't have accomodation rooms (no-where to nap - still needs one) I'd love him to come if it was a different venue.

Nocomet Fri 06-Jun-14 23:59:07

I can see your problem, DD1 would have been on her reins.

And your absolutely right to let her choose. In my experience small girls behaviour is markedly improved by feeling in control. Choosing clothes is often a good start.

DD1 wad a very very bright yellow and pink party dress at that sort of age. I'd tried to steer her in the direction of a much more tasteful one. However, she loved wearing it and always seemed in good mood when she did.

dingalong Sat 07-Jun-14 00:11:04

Ds lies on the floor and screams when I try reins - not good in front of wedding guests. If the venue was closer I'd bring him after dinner/nap for a while to meet his aunts.

latika Sat 07-Jun-14 00:19:00

My niece wore this to a wedding, dress was £10 from Matalan and cardi was about £15 from next. You can see she also wears it with converse and a denim jacket too. So cheap but she got so many compliments in it.

dingalong Sat 07-Jun-14 00:30:28

Lovely dress latika.

dingalong Sat 07-Jun-14 00:32:02

A dresses twirlability will rank just behind pink and sparkles!

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Sat 07-Jun-14 07:35:38

Vert baudet do some lovely and very twirlable occasion dresses

Allthingsprettyreturns Sat 07-Jun-14 10:03:20
TessTackle Sat 07-Jun-14 10:07:14

H&m!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now