Is this top smart enough for a job interview?

(13 Posts)
essential6 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:13:05

I have a job interview for a job in the local council, it is an entry level, customer facing role.

I am fat and wear a size 24/26 so it is hard to find smart clothes in my size because not many shops cater for me. I went shopping today and bought
this top.

I will be wearing it with black trousers (also bought today, they fit very nicely) and black shoes.

Is it smart enough for a job interview? If not what should I wear?

The interview is in a week so I don't have much time to order something online and the top has to have long sleeves.

namechangepro Wed 23-Apr-14 19:18:24

2 tops are coming up for me OP. A butterfly one and a plain cream one .

I think they will both be fine for the role . I always wear make up and lipstick but in a neutral shade .

Good luck and don't forget to smile! smile

essential6 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:21:47

Thanks for your reply, it is the butterfly top (although when I click on it it only shows me that top so not sure how I have managed to link to two tops!)

WhoNickedMyName Wed 23-Apr-14 19:22:27

I'd choose the cream one rather than the butterfly one for an interview as it has a collar so looks smarter, but really, both are fine.

WhoNickedMyName Wed 23-Apr-14 19:22:54

X posts.

Slainte Wed 23-Apr-14 19:23:50

Yes, i think that will be smart enough for an entry level role - good luck flowers

dexter73 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:24:24

I can only see one top - the butterfly one. I think it is lovely and will be perfect for your interview.

essential6 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:27:15

Thank you smile

Fairylea Wed 23-Apr-14 19:27:21

It's a lovely top. You're going to look really nice op. Some smart simple silver earrings will finish the look off nicely. smile

Follyfoot Wed 23-Apr-14 19:27:34

I think the butterfly top will be perfect - the pleats round the neck make it look very smart, and the black trousers and shoes are exactly right. Lots of luck for tomorrow smile

essential6 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:58:33

Thank you, I feel a but happier about it now.

46direct Wed 23-Apr-14 20:11:26

Lovely top
I think the overall look sounds spot on!
Dont forget the smile is worth 2 extra gcse's or o levels (depending on your age! Take your pick! )

belleprof Wed 23-Apr-14 20:23:00

Both tops look lovely and would be perfect for interview. Leave yourself a good bit of time to get ready so you can do a nice job of your hair and best of luck with it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now