Is this a nice mac?

(18 Posts)
belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 21:35:07

(http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_017010212782_-1)

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 21:35:49
cerealqueen Fri 28-Mar-14 21:38:13

Is for style or to protect you in the rain?

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 21:39:10

Have been having a good scour of various websites. Bit worried about length tho... Model is 5ft 7 ... I'm 5 ft 4

Anyone recently purchased a nice mac?

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 21:53:41
cerealqueen Fri 28-Mar-14 22:27:00

They are both nice. I would aim for a more classic trench as it will never date, especially if you want to invest a fair bit of money.

only in larger sizes but water resistant helps

classy!

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 23:11:19

Cereal queen you are wise! I would get much more use out of either of these garments..school run... Shopping.... I hate getting cold and get loads of wear out of my boden rainy day fleece lined mac but it has always been a bit too big looking on me.. And they both look great.... Might chance the size 6 m&s petite one.... Am only one inch taller at 5 ft 4 ...the more I looked at the debenhams one the more I hated the pleats at the back.
Thank you very much smile

cerealqueen Fri 28-Mar-14 23:36:48

I hope it is nice! I think you could always spend a bit more money if you apply the cost per wear logic.

I have always hankered after (in a Casablanca way) a Burberry classic cream/beige trench mac, and often peruse Ebay for a 2nd hand one, but they are still too £££££ for me...maybe one day!

belleprof Sat 29-Mar-14 00:05:05

I was just perusing those very same ebay coats smile the Burberry website itself is v seductive! Love!! Nearly fell over at the prices though! My dad bought my mum a blue wool Burberry military coat for Christmas on 23rd December about 5 yrs ago..... as he walked into the store, they just announced their Christmas sale that minute so he went all out! It's divine... So soft, so timeless and just oozes quality. She will be wearing it for years smile thanks again smile

ImAThrillseekerHoney Sat 29-Mar-14 00:13:16

I saw a lovely classic trenchcoat in GAP yesterday. Very tempted despite the fact that I have two already and really don't need it.

Here - on special offer and appears to come in 3 different lengths.

bettykt Sat 29-Mar-14 08:10:09

I have the Gap trench in beige. Bought it last year. It's really nice, looks more expensive than it is as it's not flimsy. Been wearing it most of March.

belleprof Sat 29-Mar-14 11:35:53

Thank you very much for the Gap recommend. I am going to head to gap and m&s later to try on these . You rev kind. Classic look seems to be the way to go.

Brillenbar Sat 29-Mar-14 15:35:54

I have this year's gap one in navy, petite fit so right length in arms and body. It's all cotton and looks v smart. Banana republic also does nice ones.

Cerealqueen follow the British heart foundation eBay shop, they sometimes have Burberry macs.

belleprof Mon 31-Mar-14 16:26:59

Hi guys I tried on the gap classic trench , it is fab but the sizing is Huge and the xs was swimming on me.... Mo m&s collection petite range in my nearest m&s when I called in today... Think I will bite bullet and order the 6 petite online. Thanks again ladies

cerealqueen Thu 03-Apr-14 23:27:36

Thanks bouquetofpencils !!

cerealqueen Thu 03-Apr-14 23:33:19

Hope it is lovely OP!

belleprof Fri 04-Apr-14 19:00:46

Just received it cereal queen .... It's very nice..... Thought sleeves might be a bit short on me but my OH assured me they are perfect. Lovely fabric and the colour is good with my skin tone. The fit is fantastic. Now I just have to plan a few outfits around it as it is a bit more "classic" in style than I am used to. It's perfect for over a navy dress for my daughter s first communion which is why I got it. Thanks for your help thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now