Cleansing in the morning

(17 Posts)
wickedfairy Thu 27-Mar-14 08:27:03

Why do you cleanse in the morning if you have just got up and already have no make-up on? (Assuming that you cleansed the night before)

I keep reading about routines and people cleanse in the morning. Is plain water ok? That is what I do but maybe I should be doing more?? thankssmile

I cleanse in the morning because I have not normally removed my make up the night before blush .

Lottapianos Thu 27-Mar-14 08:36:34

I just wring out a flannel in warm water and have a quick steam and wipe. No oil, no cleanser.

You sweat overnight.

TheWiseOldElf Thu 27-Mar-14 08:38:32

I have recently stopped cleansing in the morning and just wash my face with water. I have noticed no difference in my skin. I do still moisturise in the morning though.

billandcoo Thu 27-Mar-14 09:13:57

Micellar water.

Skivvywoman Thu 27-Mar-14 09:54:34

I've stopped using cleanser just use water and a flannel then some witch hazel on a pad of cotton wool

stonehairbrush Thu 27-Mar-14 10:01:52

My skin is oily in the morning and I've sweated over night too.

I use a cream cleanser. Massage quickly into skin then flannel off. Takes less that a minute.

lurkingfromhome Thu 27-Mar-14 10:53:22

You sweat overnight. I don't really see it as any different from having a shower in the morning even if I've had one the previous evening. I use a Laroche Posay (non-foaming) gel cleanser, then get going with the millions of other products that get slapped on my face to try to keep my youthful radiance wink

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Mar-14 10:56:25

I just have a wipe with a warm flannel, no need to cleanse imo as I've done it the night before.

PinkandTwinkly Thu 27-Mar-14 12:27:48

I have a shower, and wash my face with a cream cleanser.

My face isn't dirty, but I'm sure I've sweated overnight so like a fresh start.

I'm going to laying serum, moisturiser, primer and foundation so like the start with a scrupulous clean face.

Also on the days i use my clarisonic or a scrub i use it in the morning.

BigPawsBrown Thu 27-Mar-14 12:29:13

I wake up with a oily face

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 27-Mar-14 12:29:46

I use a facial wash in the shower whilst my conditioner soaks into my hair. Takes 20 seconds I don't wear make up though

BigPawsBrown Thu 27-Mar-14 12:29:49

Also hair oils on pillow go onto your face. My skin is loads better after I started cleansing twice a day

BornToFolk Thu 27-Mar-14 12:32:40

Cos it feels nice, I suppose. I just use a bit of face wash while I shower though, no major faff whereas I do a more thorough cleanse in the evening.

wickedfairy Fri 28-Mar-14 16:47:32

Thanks for your replies! I shower in the morning so my face is washed with water. I never thought about overnight sweating....

I think I will cleanse in the morning and see if any miracles occurgringringringrin. Thanks!

evertonmint Fri 28-Mar-14 19:47:25

Sweat and because I feel more awake.

Also I don't like putting moisturiser on my face unless it's clean.

But my morning cleanse is quick - body shop camomile butter rubbed on them washed off with hot cloth. Takes about 1 minute and makes me look and feel a lot better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now