Interview dress code is to wear jeans...what do I pair with it?

(8 Posts)
Jewels234 Wed 26-Mar-14 22:57:13

Urgh, feel really uncomfortable about being told to wear jeans to an interview. It's a professional, middle ranking job...but with a laid back company. My recruiter has insisted I wear jeans.

I normally have a failsafe little black LK Bennet dress that makes me so confident, now I just feel lost!

I'm going to wear black skinny jeans, nude pointy mid height heels, and a grey blazer. What do I wear underneath? If you could link that would be amazing. I'm a 10/12 with a tummy I hate and a bum I love!

Also, it's on Friday, so needs to be shoppable from London tomorrow! Help please!

AndiPandi Wed 26-Mar-14 23:00:44

Crisp white shirt?
Or one of the Jack Wills lovely striped fitted shirts?

AndiPandi Wed 26-Mar-14 23:02:21

You need a nod towards smart/corporate to prevent the outfit looking like you're going out for drinks if that makes sense

Innogen Wed 26-Mar-14 23:03:09

I'd wear jeans, a chiffon blouse, casual heels (chunky, not stiletto-y) and a statement necklace. Jumper if it is cold.

JeanSeberg Wed 26-Mar-14 23:09:12
Jewels234 Wed 26-Mar-14 23:29:30

Thank you all!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 27-Mar-14 06:17:24

I'd wear a hite shell top, like the Hobbs Esther in ivory. Smart but a little bit corporate, a little bit casual.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 27-Mar-14 06:17:42

White not hite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now