Has anyone discovered any fab skinny jeans lately?!

(49 Posts)
fedup21 Fri 03-Jan-14 19:26:42

I have so many pairs (that aren't quite right!) in my wardrobe that it's pitiful! I have tried...

New look
Next
Gap
Uniqlo
Red Herring
Dorothy Perkins
Tu/George/Tesco
Primark
H&M

My favourite ones are great skinnies from M&S-I have two pairs that are stunning and still fit brilliantly but have been knackered by clawy kittens so don't look great now! They have also been discontinued so I can't replace them-grrrrr!

I am a size 12 and don't like v low or v high rise (9 inches is just right!) and have v skinny legs! That's the main problem I have with all my unworn pairs-they are too big round the calf or go baggy on the knee within the hour.

Please tell me I will find another pair! I am so cross that I found some brilliant ones then they go and stop making them!

Weelady77 Tue 07-Jan-14 22:18:11

I love river islands skinny jeans but there jeggings are great too

fedup21 Tue 07-Jan-14 22:11:12

Skinny jeans update:

Today, I went shopping and tried on super skinnies/skinnies by Oasis, Red Herring, New Look, Top Shop, River Island and Dorothy Perkins. They are all tooooo big in the leg! The 12 fits fine in every shop around the waist, hips and thigh, but they are just too big around the knee and below. It's frustrating as I know jeans have existed that fit me perfectly-why did M+S have to stop making them! Their website says that they only make Limited stuff on a limited basis (doh) so that they are more unique and nobody else will be wearing the same jeans as you. BUT if they make a good pair of jeans, it makes sense to keep making them-I couldn't care less if the whole world had the same pair! A bit different with dresses and tops, I know, but jeans!!??

I also ordered a pair of Boden Johnnie B waist 32R (going on reviews I'd found). They looked promising, but were too big all over so I have sent them back for the 30R, fingers crossed...

fedup21 Tue 07-Jan-14 08:29:24

Citrus lemon-would you be kind enough to measure across one of the knees of your new super skinny size 12 jeans for me? I want something tight on the knee!!

Binkybix Tue 07-Jan-14 07:59:52

I find Leigh's really saggy!

citruslemon Tue 07-Jan-14 01:24:53

Went shopping with this exact mission today! Size 12 super skinny from River Island at £35, totally fab.

fedup21 Mon 06-Jan-14 21:30:56

Ooh, lots to try! What size Johnnie B ones would you reckon might fit a size 12?!

OrangeFizz99 Mon 06-Jan-14 21:09:16

Ahem, Johnnie B, as in boden teenager ones are the best I've tried for ages. Got them in the sale.

HuiledOlive Mon 06-Jan-14 20:21:13

Baxters and Boden ones are good. I'm not a massive Boden fan but the skinnies are v good (quite high rise so no muffinage)

Cheesyslice Mon 06-Jan-14 20:09:24

Another Topshop Leigh fan. They're amazing.

I've recently bought some Dr Denim skinnies (Scandi brand) and I've been really, really pleased with them. They keep their shape, are nice and skinny and have a decent high rise. Highly recommend.

I got some Matalan ones last week for £14, not too bad at all for the price- haven't gone saggy on the knees at all, no builders bum but not high waisted either. The waist isn't nice enough to have shirts tucked in, but perfect for slouchy tees, etc.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Mon 06-Jan-14 19:46:50

I've just discovered Gap Forever Stretch - they come in S/M/L and are mega stretchy, fit in the right places and haven't yet gone baggy after wearing or washing like some do. I love them! Fab fit on me (skinny legs and bum but chunky waist) and my best friend (curvier).

Laska42 Mon 06-Jan-14 19:44:59

I got some really nice black ones in the Monsoon sale today for £22.50 they say slim but are skinny on me ....i'm a sz 10 . also igot the short even though im 5'6" and would usually have regular - they are plenty long enough

WhereIsMyHat Mon 06-Jan-14 19:43:08

If it helps, they stock vero moda in bentalls in Kingston if that's close to you OP?

AndTwoBits Mon 06-Jan-14 18:48:28

I adore the vero mode nm exclusive skinny jeans. I am a size 12 and wear size 30/34. They never bag at the knees and are high enough to hide a tummy but not so high they are frumpy. Ill try link to the ones i have, they're in grey but i have just ordered the blue too.

www.veromoda.com/vero-moda/jeans/wonder-nw-exclusive-grey-noos/10098332,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_10098332_colorPattern=10098332_DarkGreyDenim&forceScope=

ChablisLover Mon 06-Jan-14 18:14:30

Fed up

The knee on the vero moda is approx 12 inches but the rise is approx 12 inches so quite high waisted

Hth

Mycatistoosexy Sun 05-Jan-14 20:43:19

Denim company. Only ones that accommodate my
Bum but are skinny enough on my legs!

BellaVita Sun 05-Jan-14 20:42:55

Zara all the way.

ChablisLover Sun 05-Jan-14 20:41:27

I'll hunt out a tape measure.

I'm a size 12 and bought the size 29

Don't think they are posh at all - got them for €35 on a trip to dublin but there are some on eBay from as little as £9.99 ( though not in a 29 or 30)

Is quite a common High street brand in Ireland - think its Danish. Some lovely things at a reasonable price

fedup21 Sun 05-Jan-14 20:08:41

I'd never heard of Vero Moda; are they a bit posh? I've looked them up and there's one at Westfields so will have to pay a visit soon! Are they tight in skinny legs?!! If you're a size 12, you wouldn't measure the knee for me, would you?!

ChablisLover Sun 05-Jan-14 10:52:12

Vero moda wonder jeggings,

High waisted to hold in tummy and don't go baggy at the knees

AllOverIt Sun 05-Jan-14 07:40:05

Thanks name change

blackandwhiteandredallover Sat 04-Jan-14 16:38:45

Actually I have some fab skinny cords from fat face, I practically live in them

fedup21 Sat 04-Jan-14 14:36:20

What are the Jade ones like, madbuslady? High/low rise? Soft/stiff? Very tight?

MadBusLady Sat 04-Jan-14 14:26:06

Another Oasis fan here! I have tree trunk legs though so the Cherry are like skinnies on me. I have one pair of the Jade but can only wear them with long tops to avoid parsnipage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now