Leopard print ballet flats

(22 Posts)
LilyRose88 Wed 20-Nov-13 13:27:13

I want to buy some leopard print ballet flats and wondered where to look. I am half thinking of treating myself by going to French Sole or Pretty Ballerinas, but I would prefer a more budget option if they look nice. I have seen people wearing leopard print ballet flats with a pink trim around the edge and they look really pretty, but I suspect they are the more expensive ones. I would welcome recommendations.

CointreauVersial Wed 20-Nov-13 13:29:40

Clarks do a gorgeous ponyskin leopard-print ballet flat, which is beautifully made, not expensive and very comfy. No pink trim, though (which does sound rather nice).

onlysettleforbutterflies Wed 20-Nov-13 13:31:56

I'm wearing leopard print ballet flats today, just had a look inside them for you and they're from Sainsburys! So definitely the budget option. They have a black trim and little bow on them.

mine are from m&s, they are lovely think they were £30, real leather good sized sole so wont wear down quickly.

icingmyback Wed 20-Nov-13 14:00:14

boden have some nice looking ones

London Rebel! Just got some on Ebay for £10, they might still be there if you're lucky (the ones on the listing photo are white, but it says other colours also available and if you click through you can choose). They have a black trim. I already have some other ballet flats from them which are really comfy (and great for dancing!), so they should be good.

Financeprincess Wed 20-Nov-13 14:58:39

I say, if you can afford it, get the French Sole ones. They are in a different class to most ballet flats.

cloggal Wed 20-Nov-13 15:55:10

Sorry to hijack the thread but really, finance? Tempted to get a pair of French Sole myself and wasn't sure if they would be worth the cash...

TallulahBetty Wed 20-Nov-13 18:15:50

Asda.

polyhymnia Wed 20-Nov-13 18:18:47

I recommend Pretty Ballerinas - quite similar to French Sole but similarly pricy I'm afraid. But worth it IMO. Was in there the other day and had to restrain myself from buying several, including animal print ones.

JohnSnowsTie Wed 20-Nov-13 19:26:20

I like these from Office. But don't buy the size 4's please, I can't get them till after payday. smile

mammadiggingdeep Wed 20-Nov-13 19:30:57

Saw some lovely ones in sainsburys the other day...

Nyancat Wed 20-Nov-13 19:48:07

I got these from Clarks the other day, super comfy, got loads of compliments on them from people.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20357210

JohnSnowsTie Wed 20-Nov-13 19:55:08

Nyan I actually really like the ones you linked to... but what are those studs like in the flesh?

LilyRose88 Wed 20-Nov-13 20:33:47

Wow thank you for all the good ideas. My local Sainsburys definitely doesn't have any leopard print ballet flats but I will look at Office and Clark's websites tomorrow. And I am a size 5 so I won"t pinch the last size 4s Mrs JST!

cloudberry Wed 20-Nov-13 20:44:56

I'd buy Pretty Ballerina a million times over French Sole. Have ballet flats from both and IMO PB much much better quality. I'd never buy another pair from French Sole. Mine fell to bits after one season and I alternate my shoes so they were not heavily worn, just really poor quality.

cloggal Wed 20-Nov-13 20:48:14

Thanks for the recommendation polyhymnia and cloudberry, can see me spending a fortune on those! smile

Nyancat Wed 20-Nov-13 20:51:11

Johnsnows I wasn't sure about the studs initially but they are fairly subtle, quite flat and no shine. just decided the shape was bit of a change from standard ballet pumps.

JohnSnowsTie Wed 20-Nov-13 20:57:25

smile Thanks Lily.

Nyan that's what I like too about the Clarks and Office ones - more of an almond toe shape than round. More flattering IMO.

Have a feeling there's a Clarks code knocking about so may have to get both. Damn you S&B!

Curioustiger Wed 20-Nov-13 23:13:44

I also think French sole are poor quality... Avoid!

polyhymnia Thu 21-Nov-13 10:42:07

Pretty Ballerinas on the other hand I've found wear really well.

Missbopeep Thu 21-Nov-13 11:05:16

FS are tiny fitting- I bought a 39 instead of my normal 38 and had to sell on ebay- they were too short.

I have some from Clarks that are ok if you have normal feet- they are a bit loose on mine and slip about even with a sole.

Boden have some with 20-30% discount today, and Dune used to have some too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now