Uggs - yay or nay?

(33 Posts)
eurochick Tue 19-Nov-13 22:26:57

I feel I am rather late to this particular party. I used to HATE Uggs with a vengeance. The slip sloppy walk made me feel a bit stabby. But I have raynaud's and my feet are always cold so I tried on my first pair today (not the standard slip sloppy kind, one with a bit of shape to it). It was like walking on little fluffy clouds. In short, I think I want them (even though my husband was not impressed). They've been around for years, but it seems like every other person I see out is wearing them, and now I think I understand why. Should I go for it?

Cherrypie32 Wed 20-Nov-13 13:09:52

Euro chick - cool you bought some, just some advice, when you first put them on they need to feel very snug, almost like they're too small as the thick sheepskin beds down very quickly x

HaveAGoodDay Wed 20-Nov-13 13:45:32

I've never liked the ugg style either, couldn't see the attraction. Mind you I think I phobia of 'labels/names' on clothes/footwear in general iykwim!

Then I went into Costco one day & my OH pointed me in the direction of some looky-likey uggs. I was reluctant to try at first but when i did, i really liked them & feel lovely on. And no label on them!

LulaPalooza Wed 20-Nov-13 23:30:16

Butwhereto I wore my Noiras at the SW4 Festival in Clapham. It absolutely tanked it down and every single centimetre of me was soaking wet apart from my feet and ankles. They were caked in mud, too. Rinsed them off, gave them a polish and they were good as new. Comfy and waterproof! Better than wellies for festivals. I covet them in brown, now

Slippersandacuppa Wed 20-Nov-13 23:34:53

Nay, I think they look nice but they are very cruel. Google how they are made. There are some lovely, cruelty-free ones around.

wrigglebum Thu 21-Nov-13 06:25:31

I have the Costco copies too GoodDay and I really like them. They seem good quality and I walk normally in them. Utterly crap in the wet though but I think they do leather ones too that would be better. I think they'll last through this winter as well as last and I wear them most days now (SAHM).

Ginplease Thu 21-Nov-13 13:02:47

Thanks Cherrypie, I didn't mean to do any shopping today but with a 20% off code I now how some cosy looking Celtic boots on the way!

Spottybra Thu 21-Nov-13 13:18:21

I LOVE mine.

I was so against them for the dimple fact they looked ugly.

I was shocked when DH bought me a pair at Christmas just after we discovered I was pregnant for the first time. His reasoning was 'all your shoes are either ridiculous heels or ballet flats. You're pregnant and I would rather you have warm and comfortable feet this winter.'

2nd child is now 2 yrs and I'm trying to wean myself out of them. But it is useless. Having experienced warm and comfortable feet once I am struggling to revert back.

eurochick Sun 24-Nov-13 16:02:02

Well my Celtics arrived and.... I'm not keen. I don't mind the look (although I prefer the uggs I tried) but I can't walk in them - my heels slip and they pull my socks off. They are the right size - perfect length - but an odd fit. So they are going back. I will have another look at Uggs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now