Do you think the Mulberry Bayswater has had it on the fashion front?

(12 Posts)
Corygal Sun 27-Oct-13 16:38:47

I have a lovely oak one and have just polished up the brass bits. After 25 min of fiddling, it occurs to me that I might be flogging a dead horse style-wise. I like it, so will carry on using regardless. It hides my equally oversized tum, which is a plus. But the nagging thought remains - is the bag past it?

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sun 27-Oct-13 16:42:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArtemisatBrauron Sun 27-Oct-13 16:54:45

I don't think so - it's so simple, how could it be past it? I think the other more seasonal bags and the ones with huge logos etc will date faster. not that I can afford any of them anyway

Corygal Sun 27-Oct-13 16:57:41

I don't like the new ones - purple PVC lookalike with a logo the size of the human head does not say stealth chic to me.

And the old ones are way better made, too.

buttercrumble Sun 27-Oct-13 17:09:12

I have the black and I love mine, although I'm always on the look out for the next big thing smile

polyhymnia Sun 27-Oct-13 17:16:15

I personally find them extremely dull and boring. But what is dull to one person is a classic to another so, specially if you're spending that sort of money, I would decide on the grounds of whether you actually love the bag rather than on how 'in' it is.

It's a classic.....some people think classic is boring.

polyhymnia Sun 27-Oct-13 17:38:29

Yes it's very subjective - very personal. Some classics I really like but Mulberry I just find boring. Perhaps because they have masses in my local House of Fraser which is a really boring store. Makes my heart sink just to go in. Rather unfair to blame Mulberry for that I guess!

polyhymnia Sun 27-Oct-13 17:39:46

I hate logos too.

Where I live everyone has a Mulberry Bayswater....not v original IMO

Corygal Sun 27-Oct-13 17:56:08

Thing is, I like Mulberry because it's artisanal English, not an international superbrand, which is clearly what they want to be.

And the new stuff is way pricey - esp when the quality simply isn't as breathtaking as the cash you have to part with.

Elsiequadrille Sun 27-Oct-13 19:58:00

Oh yes it is a classic, though popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now