Cheeks - I want to glow!

(30 Posts)
ShreddedHoops Sun 27-Oct-13 14:04:42

Makeup experts - what are your face products for cheeks? I love the NARS Orgasm look, and highlighters and things but I actually don't know where to start. Is it blusher under cheekbones then a highlighter on the top bits? I've used a Clinique stick blusher for years and it's easy to apply but I want to look glowy, flushed, sexy and a bit shimmery without looking OTT. Healthy I suppose? Help blush

puggle01 Sun 27-Oct-13 17:54:31

Any top tips for people with no cheek bones? Have tried the "put it on the fat bits if your face when you smile" and end up as missmartha describes - kind of rocking the Aunt Sally from 80s Worzel Gummidge look. The other option is the 80s racing stripe...
Had a bit of a look on youtube before and got disheartened by videos by women with cheek bones you could shelter under in the rain - yes I can see your cheek bones, where the flip are mine? Any friendly youtube instructive people I should try?

juniper81 Sun 27-Oct-13 18:13:45

I definitely recommend the Sali Hughes videos on the Guardian website. Her FB "Get the Look" group was ace and she's now got her own website. The blusher tutorial is great and I watched another video, may have been pixiwoos, where they recommend blending in your blusher with your powder brush after applying it to "smooth" it out a bit. It works really well.

cannotfuckingbelievethis Sun 27-Oct-13 18:24:03

This is a great highlighting powder

www.soapandglory.com/products/cosmetics/face/glow-all-out

No sparkly bits, no obvious glitter so it doesn't look as though my 3yr old has been let loose on my face with her craft box. I always find the liquid highlighters such as Benefit High Beam mess up my foundation. Maybe I'm applying it wrong.

NickECave Sun 27-Oct-13 18:35:32

I second the boujouis cream blush no.2 which is a bright apricot colour. I'd only ever used muted pink powder blushes before but tried this one after seeing it recommended on another thread and it is brilliant - really natural looking on although it looks garish as hell in the pot. I'll never go back to powder!

ShreddedHoops Sun 27-Oct-13 19:12:21

That Soap and Glory one looks worth a shot but I think I'd rather find a cream highlighter, I have quite dry skin and don't use any powders at all, which is much better for me...

Fuck it, NARS counter here I come - it generally works out cheaper going to the posh places as the assistants know what will work for me, so I don't waste money. I like the idea of a co-ordinating blusher and highlighter. Has anyone tried the NARS Multiple stick blusher? Really appeals but quite bad reviews online say not v pigmented.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now