I got dragged into SuperDry by DD (11yo)

(45 Posts)

She loves clothes bless her so she wanted to buy SuperDry and Hollister clothes (with her money)

I told her "buy one basic T-Shirt and see how it washes and wear" (I did this with Uniqlo and I'm very impressed with them)

She didn't make me go to Hollisters (thankfull) I've heard about the perfume, the pitch dark and the model-like sales staff.

Soooo. SuperDry.
One T-Shirt. Nothing special. Flimsy. Tiny logo. £16.95
One with the logo across the chest £22.95.

She left empty handed . Even DD who is a bit star-struck with "names" could see it was over priced shit not good value.

<<Breathes heavily into a paperbag>>

valiumredhead Mon 02-Sep-13 18:17:33

A not any

AphraBehn Mon 02-Sep-13 19:38:07

valium The reason I'm impressed is that these t shirts have been worn at least once a week for 2 years That's around 100 wears. They have lasted far better than t shirts bought from New Look or River Island so I think they are well worth the £23.

valiumredhead Mon 02-Sep-13 19:39:54

Oh I never buy from next our river island, tesco and asda in this house and they get worn more than once a week.

Hulababy Mon 02-Sep-13 19:40:49

DD has a few Hollister/A&F tops and hoodies, plus some jeans. Have to say that they all have washed very well, no loss of colour and no bobbling and all kept their shape as yet.

Hulababy Mon 02-Sep-13 19:42:00

missinglalaland - Hollister/A&F/Gilly Hicks are all the same company. A&F tends to be slightly older and slightly dearer.

Deathbyladybirds Mon 02-Sep-13 19:42:19

superdry have an outlet store on eBay

memphis83 Mon 02-Sep-13 19:45:13

Dh wears a lot of Superdry, it washes well but I buy his stuff from the outlets, they also have a Superdry outlet on ebay.

Bowlersarm Mon 02-Sep-13 19:45:34

Yes agree with all saying It washes well. My DSes SuperDry stuff looks new after loads of washing.

I've started wearing their cast off sweatshirts as they are all still in such condition.

MadAboutHotChoc Mon 02-Sep-13 19:46:09

Aphra - ditto. The ones my DS has are made from a nice soft thick cotton material and have reinforced necks and as he constantly wears these, these have proved to be good value compared with his other tshirts so much as I hate branded expensive goods, I do not minding him buying these.

MadAboutHotChoc Mon 02-Sep-13 19:46:42

*mind

missinglalaland Mon 02-Sep-13 19:52:50

Well that explains it Hulababy!

MoreThanWords Mon 02-Sep-13 19:59:41

Hollister is apparently the name of a brand of incontinence products in Australia; my brother almost wets himself cracks up laughing when he comes over and sees it all over t shirts grin

catham Mon 02-Sep-13 20:03:33

johnsnow - sizing for that top was big, i am a 14/16 and usually get L but the M was a much better fit.

littlemisswise Mon 02-Sep-13 20:31:34

Very.co.uk quite often have offers on Superdry. I have no idea on the quality etc because my DC don't like it, they never have. Sometimes you can get good bargains on Superdry coats from MandMdirect.

Hulababy Mon 02-Sep-13 20:39:19

Morethanwords - it is the UK too; www.hollister.com/uk/continence/products/

JohnSnowsTie Mon 02-Sep-13 22:55:00

Thanks catham

PoppyWearer Mon 02-Sep-13 23:05:31

I've told this story before, but I was walking past Superdry last year, saw a jumper I liked, didn't have the balls to go in, and ordered it online.

I thought £99 was steep, but hey, it was going to be good quality, wool/cashmere (I assumed for that price), would last me well. And I loved the design.

Nope. 100% polyester. shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock £99 for a fucking polyester jumper!

I eventually did succumb but once it was in the sales with a hefty discount. I also bought a couple of other jumpers for next year from their outlet, for eminently sensible prices.

OP, glad to hear your DC was so sensible. I have started to wonder if our children have more money than sense, looking at the prices charged by these places.

aftermay Mon 02-Sep-13 23:53:31

My DD got lost in the darkness of a Hollister shop. She was 6 at the time and still remembers.

You can get Super dry without a big fat logo on it. Soft cotton, washes well.

Your DD is very sensible, OP.

aftermay Mon 02-Sep-13 23:55:13

Why doesn't a mumpreneur set up a Tena Lady clothing line? Strong marketing and see the £$€ rolling in.

aftermay Mon 02-Sep-13 23:56:35

Oh, maybe Superdry was an ironic step further on Hollister and in continence products?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now