Cardi-coats

(17 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Thu 29-Aug-13 20:05:29

Now, I do love a cardi-coat and still can't believe I gave lovely Goat one to charity shop a couple of years back. Damn me and my wardrobe de-cluttering.

So, tried this one on quickly today and its lovely. Enormous sizing but nice fit and the leather detailing is lovely. But its quite £££.

Anyone seen any nice ones - but I do want a high wool content, no nasty acrylic and in my perfect world it would be navy or plum/burgundy.

thanks!

CeeceeBloomingdale Thu 29-Aug-13 20:19:52

Not as nice as that, now I NEEEED it! I bought a cheap one from Next last winter to see how much I was wearing it and as the answer was a lot I want to upgrade it and ideally in black or grey.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 29-Aug-13 20:26:20

Its really nice Ceecee. Really nice.

The only one I've seen that looked even half okay so far was mostly acrylic.

On a different note though, I thought of you when I saw this

GeorginaWorsley Thu 29-Aug-13 21:08:49

I'm with you Mrs Cb
Love the White Company one.
Bum Lady on her blog had a Goat one that was nice

MollyBerry Thu 29-Aug-13 22:56:13

How do cardi coats work? Are they cardis or coats?

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 30-Aug-13 10:58:12

They are a hybrid. So generally unlined, coat style but made of boiled wool or knitted wool.

So could be worn indoors if necessary.

I love them for autumn or when in someone's freezing house.

Crutchlow35 Australia Fri 30-Aug-13 13:41:07

I saw the white company one yesterday. it is gorgeous but beyond my budget when I need new boots this year too.

noddyholder Fri 30-Aug-13 13:44:30

this similar although not as lovely as the ££ one!

naturelover Fri 30-Aug-13 13:47:47

I too would love a navy one, preferably quite long (am tall). I have had a gorgeous one I love for years but since having colours done have realised it does nothing for me (and it's getting old).

BeattieBow Fri 30-Aug-13 15:14:19

I like the white company one. 40bum lady wrote about some from asos which looked nice but are acrylic.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 30-Aug-13 15:31:21

Nothing bumlady likes ever works on me. Have bitten the bullet and ordered with code and via quidco.

theladylovescupcakes Fri 30-Aug-13 15:31:52

Ooh MrsC that's beautiful. What do you think re sizing? I'm a 14 and would think I'd need a L. Don't have a store nearby and grudge paying to return stuff.

theladylovescupcakes Fri 30-Aug-13 15:32:48

And you mentioned a code.....?

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 30-Aug-13 15:42:50

AC350 for 15% off and if you go via quidco - that's another 5% cashback.

The sizing is very generous - If you have narrow shoulders, I suspect you could be a medium. Email and ask them for measurements.

I tried the xs and I'd say that was a generous 10 really. I could definitely fit a jumper under it if necessary.

theladylovescupcakes Fri 30-Aug-13 15:44:18

Good idea MrsC, will do. Thx for the code.

lurkingaround Fri 30-Aug-13 18:08:27

It is lovely MrsCB. And a good colour. Tempting tempting....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now