Wolford tights; are they worth the money?

(31 Posts)
Notkeenonzumba Fri 23-Aug-13 17:20:16

I get fed up each winter with hoiking my tights up all the time, and thought that this winter, rather than buying numerous pairs of crap Primark tights, I'll buy a couple of pairs of really good quality tights instead that will hopefully last all winter.

Are Wolford ones worth the money? Are there any other good brands that perhaps aren't as pricey?

sharonfagan1991 Fri 23-Aug-13 22:05:08

Mine are quite new too and washing on a gentle wool cycle too.

missbopeep Fri 23-Aug-13 22:44:19

Oooooooooooh I forgot about the wide waistband on Falke- yes it's fab because it doesn't cut you in two by the end of the day. ( and same for the gusset.)

sharonfagan1991 Sat 24-Aug-13 00:36:32

I cant wait to try the navy and berry ones I bought earlier when I receive them. They look ideal for winter.

AmethystMoon Sat 24-Aug-13 23:00:59

I got two pairs of Wolford opaque a today at Bicester Village. One black and one anthracite (lovely dark grey). £14 each, usually £19. So pleased smile

GeorginaWorsley Sat 24-Aug-13 23:07:07

Agree the Autograph merino are excellent.

I have to agree with the pro Wolford crowd, they are amazing but only as long as you look after them. I have several pairs ranging from opaques to sheer micro nets and 10 denier nudes and I always wash them in a hosiery bag. This stops them snagging on anything else in the wash, there's nothing worse than finding a snag on a £15 pair of tights!
The opaques are probably not a huge amount better than the posh M&S merino range but the more sheer wolfords I have are worth every penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now