Posh tunic?

(10 Posts)
britishbakeoff Mon 08-Jul-13 09:51:47

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm looking for a long, smart (and preferably beautiful) tunic-type thing, to wear either with tights or trousers. Not a floaty beachwear kaftan, but something that would look good at a posh do. Possibly embroidered; possibly Indian-style; possibly not - I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you!

britishbakeoff Mon 08-Jul-13 17:46:19

Trying again for the stylish evening crowd.

rubylovesshopping Mon 08-Jul-13 18:11:04

I think tunics are very casual items if clothing would be hard to dress up enough for posh evening event if you're wearing with tights why not a dress? I did have a navy silk embellished tunic from boden a while back I wore it as a dress they came in navy and dark grey and were lined. I ebayed it if that's the sort of thing you're thinking I can track one down and link later on?

britishbakeoff Mon 08-Jul-13 18:29:34

Thanks, ruby - that would be great.

justaweeone Mon 08-Jul-13 19:18:34

In what colour and size as I may have something I was going to eBay

rubylovesshopping Mon 08-Jul-13 20:03:34
rubylovesshopping Mon 08-Jul-13 20:05:57
timidviper Mon 08-Jul-13 20:10:47

I bought a tunic last week which really surprised me as it looks much better on than in the pictures and is from Bon Marche which I always thought was an old lady shop. (Am just hoping I don't run into any old ladies wearing it now!) I wore it as smart casual but it might dress up with chunky jewellery.

www.bonmarche.co.uk/tops/david-emanuel-jersey-floral-border-print-tunic/invt/04560951/&bklist=icat,4,shop,shopbycollection,davidemanuel&bklist=icat,4,shop,shopbycollection,davidemanuel

timidviper Mon 08-Jul-13 20:18:38

Actually I am embarrased by the picture I've linked to, it looks truly awful blush but, I kid you not, I wore it on Saturday night with straight leg black trousers and got lots of compliments

britishbakeoff Mon 08-Jul-13 22:51:10

Thank you, ruby and timidviper. Lots to choose from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now