What are your holy grail products?

(64 Posts)
Scarletohello Tue 02-Jul-13 19:00:57

So I read about a lot of so called miracle products in the magazines but would love to know from you lovely ladies what are the products you love, that you can't live without..?

Benefit big beautiful eyes, it means I can. Be up and out in no time still with eyes done

Stellarpunk Tue 02-Jul-13 21:09:49

Oil of Ulay yes Ulay I tells yer! Beauty fluid
Chanel eyebrow powder trio (but use a long handled angled brush not the ickle one they give you)
I really rate Live Colour hair dye
Clinique single eyeshadows
No 7 eyeliner pencil
Zovirax!
Chanel no19 eau de parfum - amazing juice... Someone once described it as if you had the top of your head cut off and golden light poured in![grins]
Loreal 24 hour foundation

TallulahBetty Tue 02-Jul-13 21:13:02

Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealer.
Bourjois blusher.
Vaseline pink tin.
Avon Glimmersticks eyeliner.

Anything else can I chop and change between brands.

FayeKorgasm Tue 02-Jul-13 21:20:47

The Elemis Pro collagen anti ageing range.

Kerestase elixir ultime oil

YSL compact powder (just discontinued the buggers!) and touché éclat foundation.

Decleor Alguaromes Toning Shower & Bath Gel

Ultrasun sunscreens - the only ones that don't bring me out in a heat rash

Lush henna - fabulous colour for hair

Lush - Angels on Bare Skin scrub, gentle enough for my sensitive skin

Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil - the only dark one I have found that isn't too reddish apart from Rimmel brownish-black which is a cheap but not suite so good second best.

Dr Organic shampoos, conditioners and soaps from Holland And Barrett - no nasties and keep my eczema at bay.

Amazinggg Tue 02-Jul-13 21:43:04

Coconut oil for hair
Kerastase Masquintense for hair
La Roche Posay Cicaplast moisturiser
Superdrug own brand clay face mask
Nutrogena hand cream

I'm a product junkie for makeup but these are real can't-be-replaced maintenance items to which nothing else compares IMO.

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 02-Jul-13 21:50:41

Garnia (sp?) BB cream and Lacura(Aldi) face serum.

Scarletohello Wed 03-Jul-13 09:48:02

Interesting, the most commonly mentioned product seems to be coconut oil..!

NewChoos Wed 03-Jul-13 10:07:45

Origins foot cream
L'Occitane shea butter hand cream
Aveda damage remedy conditioner
Redken Smooth down
OPI - Coney Cotton Island - a lovely neutral pale pink polish

Missbopeep Wed 03-Jul-13 10:49:58

Sun block all year round- Clinique City Block SPF 40. Used it for 22 years and it works.

Bobbi Brown creamy concealer

Lancome Hypnose mascara

Neutrogena Body Lotion

Scarletohello I'm eating a spponful right now! Coconut oil revs up metabolism (great for underactive thyroids.)

*spoonful not spponful

hollyisalovelyname Wed 03-Jul-13 14:23:06

is coconut oil easy to rinse out of hair? I remember putting oil on mine years ago and i had to wash it sooouch i felt the benefit had to be washed out of itsmile

cafenoir Wed 03-Jul-13 14:38:38

holly coconut oil is easy to wash out provided you don't slather it on too generously. You don't actually need much. I have shoulder length hair (very fine) and use just over a teaspoon. I leave it on over night with my hair in a ponytail and wash it out next day. I find one thorough shampoo gets it out. The first time I used it I went crazy with it and it took about 4 shampoos to stop my hair looking like a chip shop.

Jammygal Wed 03-Jul-13 14:52:07

Emma hardie balm
Leighton Denny crystal nail file
tweezerman tweezers
Shu uemura eyelash curlers
Soap and glory foot file
Quickies nail polish remover wipes

BerryBlast Wed 03-Jul-13 14:52:41

Neugrogena hand cream (the light version)

BBH - like the other poster I was devastated when I couldn't use it in Canda.

Bourjois Health Mix Foundation (the serum one) which I use all over my face and Bourjois 123 foundation, which I use to cover up some broken veins on my chin. I use the same colour foundation and they match completely.

Aveeno creamy oil body moisturiser.

Mitchum deodorant.

Elmis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash.

Leviticus Wed 03-Jul-13 15:00:48

Laura Mercier for Tweezerman 'doughnut' tweezers.

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream

Neal's Yard rose facial oil

Tangle Teezer

Bare Minerals base and concealer

Max Factor mascaras

Skinheadmermaid Wed 03-Jul-13 15:06:54

Umbertto Gianni hair scrunching jelly. I'm terrified that one that they'll stop making it and i will be bereft!
Vaseline intensive moisturiser, absorbs really quickly.
Barry m black liquid eyeliner. Stays dark and stays on even after a two hour jui juitsu class or getting soaked in the rain.

Everything else i use i could probably find replacements for.

squoosh Wed 03-Jul-13 15:13:56

The trick with washing coconut oil out of your hair is not to wet your hair first. Lather some shampoo up in your hand, rub that into the oily hair and then rinse.

kiwigirl42 Wed 03-Jul-13 15:24:29

- factor 50 sunscreen (sunsense and heliocare both good - have just bought Avene factor 50 mineral cream to try as mineral based (ie zinc) sunscreens rather than chemical ones are supposed to be better/ more effective)

- LRP Effaclar K - have not had one spot since I started using this daily on t zone. Blackheads have disappeared too. on to 3rd tube now.

What is BBH?

squoosh Wed 03-Jul-13 15:33:51

Babyliss Big Hair styler.

Scarletohello Wed 03-Jul-13 15:48:17

Thanks all! Realising now this thread might have been more useful if I'd asked people to say their age, their skin/ hair type and why they loved certain products as we're all so different, certain things will work for some not others....

I use coconut oil (very sparingly) to tame flyaway hair, but the one time I tried using it as a mask I ended up with chip shop hair. I now swear by Lush Jasmine and Henna Fluff Eaze mask (longish, wavy, fine but lots of it hair).

From other peoples lists I am adding
Soap and Glory footfile
Leighton Denny Crystal File
Mitchum unperfumed roll-on

And

Essie Sugar Daddy nail varnish, probably use this more than all my other colours put together.
Also fast drying topcoats - tried several, all good.

Quite a few things mentioned here that I haven't got on with at all, but don't want to start making the thread negative!

EMUZ Wed 03-Jul-13 16:27:32

Urban decay potion primer - eye makeup doesn't budge with this on
L'oreal everpure coloured hair conditioner - works for my v dry hair
Mac woodwinked eyeshadow - just a lovely colour
Real techniques stippling brush - makes me look airbrushed
Lush Feeling younger - amazing highlighter I mix with foundation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now