White Jeans - ok, or not?!

(37 Posts)
AnonYonimousBird Fri 19-Apr-13 12:30:17

I can't quite make my mind up - to carry them off do you need to be slim and tanned?

Be interested in any opinions! Ta

cleangreens Fri 19-Apr-13 18:00:37

I love them - not too much in the way of blingy jewellery with them though or would probably look a bit euro trash!

squoosh Fri 19-Apr-13 18:02:05

I think Euro Trash is the point with white jeans isn't it?

Sonotkylie Fri 19-Apr-13 18:07:31

ClearlyDad - I resent the implication of tact! I pride myself on being wild and free and entirely lacking in self knowledge ...
Looks like there'll be plenty of us this summer! Quite like them in winter with tan/ brown (classsy brown of course) stuff too ...

harbinger Fri 19-Apr-13 18:26:56

Changed the cut of baxter jeans shock. Just as I need some more, typical! MrsCB how have they changed? Bet it's for the worse.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 19-Apr-13 19:28:53

I think its for the worse - they were just odd and the denim was different.

I havent' seen Liz H in white jeans in ages and I'm an avid follower of hers on twitter.

cleangreens Fri 19-Apr-13 20:09:30

Mmmmm not sure I want to be channelling Euro Trash tbh grin!

harbinger Fri 19-Apr-13 21:32:16

Oh, goodness. Where do I start if baxters have gorn.............

White is fine, if worn in the right setting. Love white jeans and shorts.

BreastmilkCrucifiesAFabLatte Fri 19-Apr-13 22:20:28

I think white jeans are the sort of garment that needs to be kept sparkly white. Until DS stops wiping his toddler paws on my legs, I'll stick to the traditional...

bunnymother Fri 19-Apr-13 22:30:18

I have young children and keep my white Baxters white by washing them in the washing machine w a little bleach squirted in the laundry detergent drawer, along w the detergent. I will probably give them a good soaking soon, too. But, white jeans and small children can work, I think.

I wear them in winter and summer - they are far more versatile than I ever thought they would be. Do it, OP - get some!

ClearlyDad Fri 19-Apr-13 22:51:11

Only in comparison to me Sonotkylie... I take things to a new low... read my blog at http://momentsofparenthood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/too-cool-for-school-part-2.html

scarlet76 Sat 20-Apr-13 00:11:24

I just bought a pair called 'relaxed skinny fit' from Next petite range (am 5ft and a size 6/8) They are quite casual. I will probably wear them rolled to the ankle with flat leather sandals and vests in the summer (if we ever get one)

CointreauVersial Sat 20-Apr-13 00:42:51

Love them.

Or go for pale grey or oatmeal for a "White Lite" look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now